John A. Russell

Mark Dunn

Post by John A. Russell »

Hey All

I have done a lot lately to bring folks attention
to great PSG Players

Now I want to feature "Mark Dunn"
Mark is a fine player of both necks, many would
have seen him in the Telonics room in Dallas.

I have been watching Mark's Youtube video of The Great John Hughey's, "Lost In The Feeling".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz7P5ZNp7Qk

I was amazed to see only 7 comments on this great performance.

With Mark's permission, I am offering the full tablature, virtually note for note, Chord for Chord, of this Video.

Anyone wanting a copy and have a go at this song, leave a comment on the Youtube link above.
When you have done so, PM me that you have left a comment,
along with your email address and I will send it to you.
Offer open till the 27th of this month.

Kind Regards

J.R.
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Carl Kilmer

"Lost In The Feeling" Mark Dunn

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Many thanks John. That is beautiful playing for sure.
I've tried to learn it but, guess I'm just too old. :lol:
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
Mark Dunn

Post by Mark Dunn »

Thank you for those kind words John, and your hard work compiling this tab and all the other tabs. I’m sure your tabs help all sorts of players play and enjoy making music.

The great John Hughey’s work on this song was real class. We were certainly blessed to have a talented of such magnitude show us how steel guitar can sound.

Many, many thanks to all those who comment and use the tab - Hope you have fun with it!

All the best Mark
John A. Russell

Wow

Wow
What a quick response.
J.R.
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.
Dennis Brion

Post by Dennis Brion »

That was excellent, so good had to check out more vids! If you want to be impressed even more watch next video "think I'll just stay here and drink" I am just learning and love Merle Haggard songs and Mark absolutely kills this song!!!!
1969 Custom built d10, Fender 25R practice amp,Dunlop pedal, Peavy Special 130 w/15" Blackwidow, Gretsch resonator, 41 Gibson 7 string lap steel, Epiphone flat top, 67 Epiphone Olympic
Charlie Hansen

Post by Charlie Hansen »

Mark Dunn is an excellent player and John has captured it perfectly.
I don't know much but what I know I know very well.
Carter S-10 3X5, Peavey Nashville 112, plus Regal dobro and too many other instruments to mention.
Bluegrass Island CFCY FM 95.1 Charlottetown, PE, Canada, on the web at cfcy.fm.
A Touch Of Texas CIOE FM 97.5 Sackville, NS, Canada,
on the web at cioe975.ca.
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

I don't see ANY comments, and there's no way to leave a comment.. :?:
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Same as Dave

I see the comments but can not add one of my own. Would love the tab though.

regards,
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Just go under where you see this.
SHOW MORE
COMMENTS • 17
Where see you this:
Add a public comment...
just click on it, then you can post.

You may have to LOG IN for that to show. :?:
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

Dont see it here unfortunately
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Lost In The Feeling - instrumental
Mark Dunn
Mark Dunn
Subscribe636
Add to Share More
41 0
Published on Sep 25, 2016
Written by Lewis Anderson, recorded by Conway Twitty and released in 1983. Featured John Hughey on pedal steel. Recorded using: an Infinity Pedal Steel Guitar, fitted with a Telonics 409PWT pickup - Telonics FP-100 Volume Pedal - Telonics TCA-500 Combo. Many thanks to Matt Cantwell for helping with the drums.
SHOW MORE
COMMENTS • 17

It will be right under under the COMMENTS • 17 and Add a public comment... will look to be grayed out.
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

I get "...helping with the drums", then nothing under that..no comments, no show more comments...I've left comments before, so I know how it works.. just no way to do it here.
I really enjoyed his version! 😁 I've listened to his stuff over the years and I like his playing! And thanks to John for his efforts over the years!
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

I listened to a couple of others too - I like the sound of the Zum Steel. Do you still have it, Mark?
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Mark Dunn

Post by Mark Dunn »

Oh yes! ... and use it. I love the lower mid tone of a Zum, and the mechanics, awesome!
Hope the Telonics Rig is sounding good.... I imagine you have the sweet spot nicely dialled in now :D
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Mark, Do you have the tabs for Crazy Arms C6 as you played it with David Hartley?
Mark Dunn

Post by Mark Dunn »

Hello Kenny
I‘ve personally not tabbed out parts from those sessions with David. All of them were just a bit of fun. Most times we’d have no idea what we were going to play until minutes before recording the video. On occasions I’d just be picking up a CD or something and David would say, “get on that steel Mark”. And off we’d go! Playing with David and John Stannard was always a hang onto your hats experience! :D
Mark
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Mark, I like and enjoy your playing as well as the David Hartley/ John Stannard playing . :D
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

To add along with the many comments here, I have watched all Marks videos and enjoy the tone and talent he displays. I also watched all the Dave Hartley videos with as much pleasure. We are lucky to have such giving great players take time to record and share their talents.
Mark Dunn

Post by Mark Dunn »

Cheers for those nice comments and a big thumbs up to John Russell for the support he gives to the steel community.
Derek Evans

mark dunne

Post by Derek Evans »

Hi john tried to get in touch with you by pm.was that your own backing track?
John A. Russell

Sorry

Sorry Derek.
My in box was full.
As fast as I clear some message, more come in.

Mark used his own track on Lost in the Feeling.

J.R.
Derek Evans

lost in the feeling

Post by Derek Evans »

Thanks for reply John . love your tab for lost in the feeling.
Gregory Etchason

Post by Gregory Etchason »

I would kindly request your tab for Lost whenever available.
Regards GJ Etchason
John A. Russell

Offered ended.

Hey all.
I have had to withdraw this offer now due to being super busy with work.
I hope to do more specials in the future.
Thanks to all who have contacted Mark.
J.R.[/u]