Now you REALLY gone and done it, Coop!!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

James Morehead

Now you REALLY gone and done it, Coop!!

Post by James Morehead »

I may not know "come here from sic 'em", but my Shobud hat's off to this fine craftsman!! I want to thank John Coop (aka "The Coopster") for the fantastic job he did on my shobud. I also want to thank him for his fine hospitality while I was at his shop, and for the time he spent showing me the ins' and outs' of what it takes to make his Shobud parts and how they all work. (You know the drill--the foot bone's connected to the legbone, the legbone's connected to the hiney bone, the-----) Image

I gigged with my new rig Saturday nite, and the tone just simply resonated! I had many lookers crowded around---they were asking stuff like "I thought they quit making new shobuds years ago!" And the way these parts interact with each other is wonderful---playing so smoothe and easy WITHOUT contradiction/binding/or slack. It dang near tunes itself!

If your down at the Dallas Show in March, keep an eye out for this guitar, if you'd like to check it out!

Perhaps Ricky could post a few pics if time allows!!
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Now that's one SWEET rig.
Underneath>
Top pic closeup....WOW!!!
Ricky<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 13 February 2006 at 05:32 PM.]</p></FONT>
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

AWESOME!
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

El Mejor Grande! Makes me question why I play a ZB.
Carl Williams

Post by Carl Williams »

James,
She's a beauty and John has to been very proud of this one---I think "THE PROFESSIONAL" is fitting for both John and your new Bud! Congratulations James... Image Carl
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

Yeee dawgies!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Thanks, Everyone for the fine comments!!

Well, I have to admit, I'm very proud of my son Wade singing and playing fiddle, even more so. But that is sweetened more yet by playing on stage with him WITH the blonde Shobud! Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by James Morehead on 13 February 2006 at 10:00 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Amazing Job. Image
John Coop

Post by John Coop »

I had a vision from Shot this evening. I saw him standing in the old "retail store" in one of his old "jump suits" with that "chaw" in his jaw. He was smiling saying...At a boy Son!! There is a place in "ALL" of these old Sho~Buds where "THAT TONE" resides. It is the goal of Ricky Davis and I to release that "HIDDEN TONE" in all of these old Sho~Buds. Just another example of an old Sho~Bud brought back to life again and allowing "THAT TONE" that was screaming to come out to be released. James is as nice a man as you would ever want to meet! If you get to Dallas, check this Sho~Bud out! James, you have a treasure. Not just because I rebuilt it, but because this guitar has "SOUL"! I am so glad you are enjoying it. You have got to tell me where you got that shirt! The bottom line boys is that patience "HAS ITS REWARDS"!! Coop
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

The summer of 2005 I was able to sit down and have lunch with James, his wife and his son. They are some fine folks. That is one fantastic looking ShoBud. I almost did not recognize James and his son in their playing attire. It is nice to see a young man playing the fiddle and singing. Congratulations James on your rig and if I know you it will stay in tip top shape.
Roy Thomson

Post by Roy Thomson »

Beautiful work John and congratulations
James! That natural finish and the white fret boards gives me thrills in the stomach.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

We had a band practice last night, so that's the second time I could go play that guitar out of the house. Weird, but the tone was just STUNNING, like this guitar is breaking in, or all the parts are "settling in" or something! When my times to play would come around, I got to thinking, "Is this tone for real?" and then it seemed to come out even stronger yet! I DO believe this guitar has some BIOLOGY in it somewhere, and it's really a living breathing thing! COOP?!?!Whad-ja-do? You holding out on us? You ain't raising and cross-breeding "tone" down in your basement,again, are you???? AHA!! Image
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

That is one fine looking guitar. All I can say is.....I WANT ONE!!!!!

------------------
John Parker
Zumsteel SD10 3x5
Peavey Session 400
Fender Steel King

John Poston

Post by John Poston »

"I thought they quit making new shobuds years ago!"

EXCELLENT
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

"Clinching the Deal".
Ricky
Marty Holmes

Post by Marty Holmes »

How do i get in touch with John Coop.Will he sell me some Sho-bud parts or at least tell me where to get some made?I would greatly appriciate some contact info thanks , Marty
Shaun Marshall

Post by Shaun Marshall »

I guess it's possible to NOT die and go to heaven....What a great axe !
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Holy mackerel, is that guitar beautiful!

Drew

------------------
<font size=1>Drew Howard - website - Fessenden guitars, 70's Fender Twin, etc.</font>

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Drew Howard on 15 February 2006 at 06:52 AM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

James
Thats a sharp guitar, I'm jealous.
I think I'll save that pic and wish
on it.
Nice looking little speaker cabs too.

------------------
Rick Johnson
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Gorgeous! But also exactly what I'd expect! Cuz I got one too! Couldn't be happier! Tone out the ya-know-what! Hey, Ricky, John, and Rick, thanks again guys! JB
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Did you pay extra for the matching shirt?
BEAUTIFUL ax!
Gordon Sharp

Post by Gordon Sharp »

Makes me wish I had mine back James. That is truly a work of art. Your buddie from Tenn. Gordon Sharp
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Yeah Rick, as you can see, I don't let your cabs get too far away from me! HA!!

Gordon, We enjoyed our visit with you the other day! you have a VERY cool place!! and I'm up to my elbows with Mothers chrome polish as I type! I will send you some pics when I get yours you sold me spiffed up a bit! John had a set of black fret boards for it, too. So it's going to be one beautiful WALNUT professional, to go with my blonde! Talk about a sweeeet pair of Aces they will make!! You will be amazed what John and Ricky could do with your cool Pro III project! better git in line!! HA!! Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by James Morehead on 14 February 2006 at 07:28 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

thats not the one i sold ya is it?
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Yes Jimmie, that's the one! You did a SUPER job refinishing the cabinet! Again, a big thankyou, Jimmie! Image