MXR Resonators?

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Tom Bradshaw

MXR Resonators?

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

I don't know which Subject Topic this should be posted on, but need to determine the interest in my MXR Resonators. Why? Because I've sold out of the first production run (500). For those interested in obtaining one of these units, please alert me. If enough show interest I'll produce more. Please check out my web page so you will know what the dobro-like sound is created by these little puppies: http://www.songwriter.com/bradshaw/resonator.php The cost may rise a few dollars; that's all.

Drop me an email at tommybradshaw@gmail.com to be added to the growing interest list. I think the fact that 500 have been sold, reveals that my customers are pleased with them. ...Tom
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

I just spoke to Mr. Bradshaw and he only needs about 65 more people to commit to this and he will get the ball rolling.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Bill Alexander

Resonators

Post by Bill Alexander »

I purchased one of the first resonators tom put out. Like everything he has done it is a superb product. IMO
It's all about the music
Robert Herr

Resonator

Post by Robert Herr »

I would take one
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

It's a great sounding, useful gizmo, folks, sign up!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Brad Chance

I have one of these brand new never used

Post by Brad Chance »

PM me ill sale mine I bought it and never used it
Tom Bradshaw

Update

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

I keep getting contacted by some of the Forumites on the "Want to Buy" interest list I'm accumulating. As of this date I have exactly 43 members who want me to do another production run. It will take 160 sales to just break even on a minimum production run by the Dunlop-MXR Company (if I kept the purchase price at $150.00 each). If I raise the price, which I may have to, I have to weigh that against how such an increase would negatively impact the number of sales. I could have them made in China, dirt cheap. But, I couldn't use the MXR brand and I wonder if "dirt cheap" would become "cheaply made." Also, the minimum order would probably be 10,000. If members have a better idea on how to make them available, let me know.

I should mention that I plan to alter the electronics in the units since I've discovered how to make the Resonator even more representative of the dobro sound. I just need to have more interested people contact me to be put on the list. ...Tom (tommybradshaw@gmail.com)
Richard Lotspeich

Reso

Post by Richard Lotspeich »

Tom can the new ones be made on the standard power supply format,,or does it need the extra power to do it's thing?
Dick Lotspeich
John Groover McDuffie

Re: Reso

Post by John Groover McDuffie »

Richard Lotspeich wrote:Tom can the new ones be made on the standard power supply format,,or does it need the extra power to do it's thing?
Xotic effects and Truetone both make a tiny voltage doubler that takes a 9v dc input from your pedal board power supply and bumps it up to 18 v. This would greatly simplify incorporating an 18v effect such as the resonator effect into a pedal board set-up.
Richard Lotspeich

Post by Richard Lotspeich »

That would help me decide to keep a resonator pedal. I just dont use it enough to justify carrying another (and different) pwr supply. But I understand if it takes the higher voltage to make the pedal do its thing.
Dick Lotspeich
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

I bought one and it sounds fantastic... my discriminating bandmates love when I use it on a tune like Amos Moses. It gets ya 90% of the way there to a real resonator... for 99% of the audience, they won't know the difference.
Gaetan Demers

mxr resonator pedal

Post by Gaetan Demers »

I,ll buy one also Thanks Gaetan.at watchrepair11@verizon.net tel 9786883395
David Biggers

Post by David Biggers »

I have one of these and if I use the plastic bar with it it sounds pretty great. I bought mine 5 years ago. Use it all the time. Highly recommend. It's small and fits in my little pedal board with my reverb and my Digitech drop tune pedal. Thx Tom...
Joseph Carlson

Post by Joseph Carlson »

I'd order one if you make more.
Patrick Huey

Re: MXR Resonators?

Post by Patrick Huey »

Tom Bradshaw wrote:I don't know which Subject Topic this should be posted on, but need to determine the interest in my MXR Resonators. Why? Because I've sold out of the first production run (500). For those interested in obtaining one of these units, please alert me. If enough show interest I'll produce more. Please check out my web page so you will know what the dobro-like sound is created by these little puppies: http://www.songwriter.com/bradshaw/resonator.php The cost may rise a few dollars; that's all.

Drop me an email at tommybradshaw@gmail.com to be added to the growing interest list. I think the fact that 500 have been sold, reveals that my customers are pleased with them. ...Tom
I’m interested in one
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Jay Carroll

pedal

Post by Jay Carroll »

I would take one.
John Groover McDuffie

I would be very interested in one, of course contingent upon trying one out. It is very hard for me to base any gear selection solely on online demo videos.

When they initially came out I was dissuaded by the 18v requirement and not wanting to deal with a separate power supply. The availability of the new voltage doublers solves that problem. So I am much more interested now.

I have a Match-Bro which I suspect is malfunctioning, although I haven't had a chance to compare it to another one. I have been using a Boss EQ with the bands alternately boosted and cut. It's just OK.

I have a strong feeling that your MXR box would probably do a much better job. And of course the MXR build quality is very good.
John Groover McDuffie

I have noticed that when using the Boss EQ simulation method the setting for the best tone is very sensitive to the register I am playing in.

I wonder if your MXR pedal shares this characteristic?
Raymond Eicher

MXR Resonator Pedal

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Count me in. I would love one.
Rayeicher@comcast.net
GFI ULTRA D-10, GFI Expo S-10, 2 ETS S-10, Justice 3x4, Rickenbacher, Fender and Supro lap steels, Tut Taylor and National resonators.Fender Deluxe, Marshall Class 5, Peavey amps and way, way too many guitars.
Ollin Landers

Post by Ollin Landers »

I have one and use it fairly often. I need a plastic bar though. Anyone know where to get one or a substitute.
Zum SD-12 Black, Zum SD-12 Burly Elm Several B-Bender Tele's and a lot of other gear I can't play.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields
basilh

Post by basilh »

Ollin Landers wrote: I need a plastic bar though. Anyone know where to get one or a substitute.
Yes.
Francesco Porcu

MXR resonator pedal

Post by Francesco Porcu »

Hi I would like to buy one but I would like the definitive version where I read that you have improved its sound quality, I read and do not understand if this pedal must be powered at 9v like all effect pedals. Thanks Francesco
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I have the original model MatchBro and an MXR resonator. I tried my MatchBro bar but didn't hear a difference like there is with the MatchBro.

The power adapter that come with the unit is 18VDC.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Francesco Porcu

MXR resonator pedal

Post by Francesco Porcu »

Hi Jack you always kind in giving very technical answers, I hoped it was 9v, in the pious pedal I have only 9v and I don't want other pedals with different voltages, I will wait when they make a 9v resonator pedal. Thanks for your answer Francesco :)
John Groover McDuffie

Re: MXR resonator pedal

Francesco Porcu wrote:Hi Jack you always kind in giving very technical answers, I hoped it was 9v, in the pious pedal I have only 9v and I don't want other pedals with different voltages, I will wait when they make a 9v resonator pedal. Thanks for your answer Francesco :)
A couple of companies, Xotic effects, and Truetone (maker of the one-spot power supply) make tiny devices that double the 9v DC from a pedalboard power supply to 18volts, which would make it easy to incorporate this pedal into a standard pedal board set-up.