Georgetown TX Pedal Steel Teacher wanted

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Eyner Jensen

Georgetown TX Pedal Steel Teacher wanted

Post by Eyner Jensen »

Good Evening. My son just received a pedal steel to use for the next 9 months and we are looking for a teacher for him in or near Georgetown TX. Any leads would be great. A little about him he is 11 and has been playing guitar and singing for 4 years and fiddle for a month. He is homeschooled so we are not limited to evenings. He has a passion for strings and plays WAY above his age level would suggest. Thank you in advance.
George Duncan Sypert

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

Steve Palousek lives in Holland. He could probably steer you to a teacher. Jim Loessberg lives in Round Rock, he might know someone. There are a lot of steel players in that area. Contact Justin Griffith in Granger, if anyone knows who teaches in the area he should. I think Mark Matoska is in Granger or nearby also. You could almost go outside and throw a rock and hit a steel player. Now is the right time for him to learn at age 11. Good luck on your hunt.
Eyner Jensen

Post by Eyner Jensen »

Thank you Mr. Sypert. I will get in contact with a couple of those guys. I appreciate your response.
John Ely

Lessons for your son

Post by John Ely »

Mr Jensen, you might want to consider Skype-based lessons for your son, if that interests you. When I started out I did this, and it worked well. I was a little wary of something like this when I started, but it worked out REALLY well for me.
There's an on-line Skype instructor (you can find him here on the forum) named John McClung who has an excellent reputation as a teacher.
Just another option to consider...good luck.
John
John Ely (but I'm not THE John Ely who played with Asleep at the Wheel).
Eyner Jensen

Post by Eyner Jensen »

Thank you sir. We’ve a couple irons in the fire and I hope to have someone in place soon. If it falls through that very well be the way we go. Thank you sir.
Steve Palousek

Lessons

Post by Steve Palousek »

I have instructional DVD's and might be able to work out some private lessons. Contact me via PM and we can talk!