Cletus Hopkins

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Bob Simmons

Cletus Hopkins

Post by Bob Simmons »

good buddy Cletus Hopkins went on to the house this morning without me, just saw him Thursday at music - fine singer too- no details yet
Leon Champion

Cletus

Post by Leon Champion »

RIP IN THE LORD, BROTHER Cletus . You are missed already here on earth.
Barry Coker

Cletus

Post by Barry Coker »

I never saw him with out a smile on his face and a song in his heart. He will be Missed :cry: :cry: :cry:
Zum-D-10, Webb 614-E, 65 Pro Reverb, Evans RE200, 69 Gibson Birdland, 89 Telecaster EAD Bad!!
David Black

Cletus

Post by David Black »

Cletus was a long time personal friend, well known local musician and a great vocalist. ANYBODY whoever met Cletus liked him and he liked them. Always with a smile on his face, a song in his heart, Cletus will be sorely missed by all of us who knew him, loved him, and always enjoyed his company. Now he is reunited with his beloved wife, Sherry, and singing with the Heavenly Hosts. Gone from our sight, but forever in our hearts, Godspeed to you my friend.
Sho-Bud Professional, Sho-Bud Pro II, GFI Ultra (SD-10), Fessenden (SD-10), 2 Session 500's, 1 Session 400, 1 Fender Frontman 25R.
Floyd Lowery

Post by Floyd Lowery »

Sad to hear this. I know a lot of people will miss him. RIP
Carter 12 string 4petals 5knees, Mullen G2 3 petals 4 knees
Alesis QuadraVerb, Goodrich Match-Bro II
Peavy Nashville 400 & Session 500
Mike Johnson

Post by Mike Johnson »

This is such sad news for us. Cletus always had a smile on his face and in his heart. It's hard to imagine a Steel Guitar Show without him there. It is comforting to know that he and Sherry are together again. We'll sure miss his emails that would come in randomly, just checking in on us. We send our love and prayers to the Hopkins family.
Sincerely, Joanie & Mike
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Sorry to hear this! Cletus Hopkins and I were good friends for about the last 14 years or so. We had a mutual friend Julian Tharpe. Cletus was a Great Guy. Prayers for his family and his many friends!
Bryan Knox

Post by Bryan Knox »

Just absolutely shocked that Cletus has left us. There has never been a nicer person walk the earth. Between he and Buddy Green, my heart breaks.
Prevent Juvenile delinquecy...teach children to STEEL

1976 MSA D-10 8+4, Mullen D10 8+4, G&L Skyhawk, Fender '52RI Telecaster, Eastman MD 615 lefty mandolin, Fender DPC750 w/Tubefex, Custom Twin Tweed Cabs w/ Peavey 1504's, 70's Fender Super Reverb, Martin D28-L.
Bob Simmons

loss

Post by Bob Simmons »

yea we loss two good ones back to back- will always remember Cletus had me play Julian and Pete licks on the bass strings - he really loved the pedal steel