Which mp3 player for iPad?

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

David Matzenik

Which mp3 player for iPad?

Post by David Matzenik »

I want to use my iPad for recorded backings. I used to do this with a dedicated mp3 player, but as I have an iPad I should not need another device. I have looked at a couple of free apps but they are really annoying and mainly aimed at streamed drivel with advertising. I don't mind paying for a suitable app.Any suggestions?
Don't go in the water after lunch. You'll get a cramp and drown. - Mother.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Why not use iTunes? It’s already installed and you can set up playlists in the order you want pretty easily.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
David Matzenik

Post by David Matzenik »

Thanks Brad. I have not used iTunes. I will investigate, but I want to use my own files without using the Cloud and an internet connection. If that is possible, problem solved.
Don't go in the water after lunch. You'll get a cramp and drown. - Mother.
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

Pulsar is a good one I hear. iTunes can be frustrating because they often don't let you load up mp3s that aren't licensed recordings.
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Brett Lanier wrote:Pulsar is a good one I hear. iTunes can be frustrating because they often don't let you load up mp3s that aren't licensed recordings.
I have thousands of "unlicensed recordings" on my iPad, iPhone and computer. No problem with any of them, unless I'm trying to play something that someone else purchased with their account.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars