Deep South Steel Show, Gulfport, Ms. VFW Post 4526,

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Dates for our up coming show is Nov. 1 and 2. Friday and Saturday. The Hotel/Motel that provides the special rates is the SLEEP INN & SUITES, 10393 HwY 49, Gulfport, Ms. 39503. Telephone is 228 831 1616. My home phone is 228 832 6454 and email is: SChiefsan@aol.com.
Really appreciate all the support for our efforts to enjoy our steel guitars and wonderful supporting players. This year we are MOST fortunate in that Australia's Queen of Country Music, JEAN STAFFORD will be in house to meet and greet and perform on stage both days with her Hall of Fame steel guitarist, Wayne Appleby with his new D10 Excel with the Jimmy Crawford cluster. Mitsuo Fujii, Excel designer, builder and superb player will also grace our stage helping us dish out our best Southern World Wide hospitality to all. Watch for list of players coming soon.
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

we'll try to come down and hear some good Mississippi Steel playin
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Nick, if you come down, let me know , will get you in the programs somehow......be glad with you here. Let me know so I can make room arrangements etc, my email is SChiefsan@aol.com and my home phone is 228 832 6454. Glad to be in touch with you.
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Another great show!
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Wish Jean and I could be there. Had a great time when we played there a few years ago. Something is always getting in our way. Hope to get back some day. Larry Baker and Jean DeVore
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Rex Lindsey

Deep South Show

Post by Rex Lindsey »

Do you know if Joe Wright will be there this year ?
Billy Carr
Restricted

steel show

Post by Billy Carr »

Planning on being there both days/nights. Thanks !!! Playin' a 2016 Williams ! ( I'm planning on both days/nights is what I meant to say. Come on down Rex. Thanks !!! )
Last edited by Billy Carr on 8 Oct 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

I'll be playing and am looking forward to it!
Tommy Huff

gulfport,Ms

Post by Tommy Huff »

Oh yeah!!! can't wait. Last year was my first at Gulfport. What a great bunch of folks. I will have a table set up with my speaker cabs, strings, tee-shirts. I will also be bringing 7 or 8 amps all with 15" speakers. also, for all the tube amp players I will have my tube-tester with me and I will be happy to test your tubes for you.....no charge...looking for ward to a great time Tommy
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

Its worth the trip just to see my friend Billy Carr play. He is one of the best. Can you show me a few runs Billy??
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Tommy Huff, I'll be there with my rig with your set up 200GK telonics 15"speaker. Love it.
Tommy Huff

Gulfport Ms show

Post by Tommy Huff »

Hi there Rodger,looking forward to visiting with you again and all of the great folks I met last year. I will have my table set up with my speaker cabinets and several of my new.... nashville 400 lite cabinets......I will also have many peavy amps all with 15" speakers...Bandit 65,special 130.....reno....Nash 400....fender steelking.plus strings t-shirts.....see ya in 2 weeks......Tommy
Billy Carr
Restricted

DSSGA Show

Post by Billy Carr »

DH, I was planning on steelin' some of yours. Ha !!!
Tommy Huff

Gulfport Ms show

Post by Tommy Huff »

hi Billy Carr, it will be great to see you again....looking forward to it. also, If anyone has a request for tolex or grill-cloth they would like to see on one or my cabs...send me a PM or call and I will do my best to bring it..... thanx Tommy 361-244-3624
Billy Carr
Restricted

Th

Post by Billy Carr »

Hey buddy, lookin' forward to seeing you in Gulfport !!!
Jack Goodson

show

Post by Jack Goodson »

bill, i really hate to say this, but with the schedule changes that have already been made and due to the surguries that i have had in the last four years, we are going to just bow out, hope you have a great show and we will surely miss being there....jack and martha
Danny Harrell

Post by Danny Harrell »

My friend Tommy Huff will be there with several amps and cabinets. For those not familiar with Tommy, he builds a great light weight cabinet that sounds good and easy to tote. I have two of his cabs, our guitar player has two, and my friend Wilburn Stewart, who is also performing at Gulfport has two. Check Tommy out at the Gulfport show. He is a super guy and has great products and stands behind what he sells.
Tommy Huff

danny harrell

Post by Tommy Huff »

hi Danny, I had a great time at the gulfport show last year.....you bet I'll be there again this year ....can't wait....just a few days off. I will have plenty of cabs there including the new lite-weight cabs for the nashville 400, reno,special 130, and bandits. also I will have manypeavey amps.....nash 400, reno,bandit 65...special 130....artist with 15" black widow...120watts tube ..and a mint fender steel king. Danny those videos you have in the steel on the web section sound just great! enjoyed the alot...see ya in Gulfport.......Tommy
Charley Hill

Re: show

Post by Charley Hill »

Jack Goodson wrote:bill, i really hate to say this, but with the schedule changes that have already been made and due to the surguries that i have had in the last four years, we are going to just bow out, hope you have a great show and we will surely miss being there....jack and martha
Jack.....you can't miss this one.....
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Jack Goodson

show

Post by Jack Goodson »

charley, we will be there thursday, come on down we will be staying at the sleep inn....thanks jack
Rex Lindsey

Gulfport Show

Post by Rex Lindsey »

When are you going to post show schedule ?

Looking forward to the show.
Jack Goodson

show schedule?

Post by Jack Goodson »

rex, if u will go to bill staffords facebook page u can find the schedules for friday and saturday. just be sure you look for the updated schedules. i am sending u an email....thanks jack
Billy Carr
Restricted

steel show

Post by Billy Carr »

Great show Friday/Saturday. Plenty of folks there and the music was first class. Special thanks to our leader, Bill Stafford and everyone that helped make this event a success !!!
John Heinrich

Had a great time there at the Gulfport Steel Show!

Post by John Heinrich »

Bill Stafford put on a great show in Gulfport,MS. I met a lot of old friends and made some new ones! Just by chance my Boss Ronnie Milsap played at the IP Casio in Biloxi, MS on Nov 1 so I was able to to get a ride with good friend Doug Hall to the show at a early time as I had to be back to the IP Casio to build up my Steel and other equipment before 5pm. Everything worked out great and there were no time glitches to speak of, I was wondering where Murphy was hiding!

John
www.johnheinrich.com
Double 10 2001 EXCEL
Single 10 2008 EXCEL "My Money Maker"
Single neck universal 14 string EXCEL
Dobro, Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Flute, Horn Sections, Lap Steel
615/828-1182 cell