Pedal Steel Guitar

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Fred Goldbach

Pedal Steel Guitar

Post by Fred Goldbach »

Hello! My dad passed away in May and he had a double neck pedal steel guitar. My mom wants to sell it because no one plays it. It is in excellent condition. I'm not sure how to find the make and model. I have added a picture, so you can see it. What would be a fair asking price?

Any other thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

K Maul

Post by K Maul »

It looks like a Harlin Bros MultiKord. Not a modern steel by any means but useful for some.$300-400 might be a good price.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Ron Ackles

Pedal steel guitar

Post by Ron Ackles »

Email sent
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

It would be a good idea to take a photo of the underside, plus any pedals that come with it. And a photo of the whole thing assembled on its legs.
Tony Russell

Post by Tony Russell »

If this helps? Starting upside down (in the case). Two legs should hinge down together at the one end and should have pedals attached to a rod running between. Cables (or maybe rods) attach the pedals to underside of the mechanism, left end. The other two legs screw in at the right. Then turn it right way up. Once set up, the tuners are under the right hand hinged coverplates, the mechanism under the left ones (opposite to "normal" steel guitars).
Tony Russell Davis
Thomas Ruikkie

Steel guitar

Post by Thomas Ruikkie »

Pm sent