Nashville Tuning Demo

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Greg Cutshaw

Nashville Tuning Demo

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

I recently acquired a guitar with the Nashville tuning. It's quite versatile! Here's a link to my mini review of the guitar and tuning with lot's of sound samples, specs, photos and a short song:

Nashville tuning demo

Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

If anyone wants to give this a try without diving in with both feet, try changing just the G string to a .008 and tune it up one octave. I was told to do this for a session in Nashville and was sold on the way the guitar sounded in the mix. RP
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

The “diving in with both feet” is what makes the all the difference. I have a Seagull dread strung with the Nashville tuning set from D’Addario.

Greg, nice score on the no longer in business Wechter Nashville tuning guitar. It’s possible that was the only acoustic ever made designed specifically for this application, but don’t hold me to that.
Mark
Richard Teston

shortest steel guitar song

Post by Richard Teston »

Hi Greg

I loved that song great job, do nyou and will you send me a copy of the tab I would really love to play this

Best Regards Richard

pedalsteelman123@gmail.com
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Richard, I don't have any tab for this song and I'm only about 100 tabs behind and have totally given up on the effort!

Mark, the Wechter is amazing and I lucked out and got one with a perfect neck. Never heard of the brand before but I just typed Nashville tuning into Reverb and the guitar popped up.
Richard Teston

shortest steel guitar song

Post by Richard Teston »

hi Greg

Thank you so much for your reply I wonder if some of the pro's on the forum would be willing to tab this out for a fairly newbe it would sure be appreciated if someone would help

best regards Richard