Writing a will

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jonathan Mitguard

Writing a will

Post by Jonathan Mitguard »

Planning a big trip and trying to take care of my will before hand. No one in my family plays steel and I wonder if anyone knows of an organization that helps out young financially limited players. I'd love for my two steels to end up with some talented young players that might not be able to afford such a thing.
Mullen and Williams SU12, Owens Square neck dobro. Amps evolving Princeton II reverb w/ eminence Double T 12"
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

Mickey Adams
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

bOb ?
Paul Wade

Writing a will

Post by Paul Wade »

Good questions. I have no kids and would like to past my gear on to a young player. It would ease the burden on my family selling musical gear.would like to know too

P.w
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Dan Robinson

Steel Resolve

Post by Dan Robinson »

Ross Shafer wrote:http://www.steelresolve.org
Jonathan,

I saw this in action at this summer's Denver Steel Guitar Show. I attended a seminar with an instructor, and the young pedal steel newbie he was mentoring thru Steel Resolve. It's THE REAL DEAL.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I also recommend Steel Resolve (or I could just give you my full name and address... ;) )
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

For sure "Steel Resolve"

If we don't get steels in the hands of young players, it is DEAD
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

I would be honored to place your beloved instruments in the hands of a deserving, dedicated individual...Should the need arise..:-)..I share your desire to give...God bless you
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Jonathan,having a will is very important.A few years ago I had a stroke and my life got "Real"so I was told to go see a lawyer and get my stuff in order just in case because if you don't have a will it could turn into a can O worms.About a year and a Half ago I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland because there was an adenoma growing on it which caused my stroke in the first place,So the night before I went to the hospItal I put sticky notes on my guitars saying who they should be sent to in case I croaked on the operating table?My Ex who is also my roommate gave me a ration when I got home from surgery,She said that I didn't need to do that because it's all in my will.Doctor says I've got some miles left to go So that's where I'm at!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

A revocable trust is better than a will.
Erv
b0b

Post by b0b »

Another vote for Steel Resolve.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Mike Bacciarini

Post by Mike Bacciarini »

What Erv said.
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Mike,
Yes, a will needs to be probated, a trust doesn't. :D
Erv
Ken Metcalf

Post by Ken Metcalf »

https://sanantoniosteelguitarassoc.com/
MSA 12 String E9th/B6th Universal
Little Walter PF-89.
Jonathan Mitguard

Post by Jonathan Mitguard »

Thanks for the response guys. I posted then forgot to check back.
Mullen and Williams SU12, Owens Square neck dobro. Amps evolving Princeton II reverb w/ eminence Double T 12"
Sandy Inglis

Post by Sandy Inglis »

When we re-did our wills, my wife insisted that I leave my two Pedal Steels to my two boys, who wouldn't have a clue what to do with them!
It's in my will but next time we make any changes, I'll remove it.
The PSG's are useless without suitable: Amp, Picks, Bars, seat, etc.etc.
My Daughter got none of it so I asked if I should buy another PSG just to make it fair to all three kids????
This was not well received.
There was no mention of my expensive 6-string guitars, some worth nearly as much as my PSG's?
Sandy
01'Zumsteel D10 9+9; Sho Bud D10 SuperPro; 6 String Lap Steel (Homemade); Peavey Nashville 1000; Fender Deluxe 85;
1968 Gibson SG; Taylor 710 CE; Encore Tele Copy; Peterson Tuner; HIWATT T40 C 40W/20W Combo
Leo Grassl

Post by Leo Grassl »

Another big vote here for Steel Resolve. They will do the best job at seeing your instruments into the hands of someone who will deeply appreciate them and otherwise may not be able to afford one.
Gordon Borland

Mine

Post by Gordon Borland »

Mickey Adams is going to get mine.