GFI Pedal Problems

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bruce Anthony

GFI Pedal Problems

Post by Bruce Anthony »

Does anyone besides me have trouble with GFI pedals being just a little too close together? I have a problem touching the A or B pedals at the wrong time, when wearing my usual tennis-type shoes. Do I have to wear pointy-toed shoes or something? No matter how I adjust the pedal heights, one or the other pedal is in the way when I rock em. My ankle just won't bend quite enough.
Jon Voth

Post by Jon Voth »

Fairly new to PSG, I have and only ever played on a GFI.

It seems fine to me-getting used to it although I often am terrible at it and I'm always looking down.

Not knowing better, I would assume most all are the same. Lengths of guitars and 8 or 9 pedals each-I would think there's not a lot of difference in the spacing. But please correct me!

Love them tennis type shoes although when I perform it has to be combat boots. Not the best scenario!
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

My wife has an S-10 GFI Expo. The pedals were too far to the left on hers (stock as it came from factory). It was hard to hit the A&B pedals because of the LKL knee lever. I changed the pedal rod attachments to the opposite side (easy just move the stud on the pedals to the other side as its threaded, at least on ours, on both sides of the pedals). Loosen the pedal mounting stops and slide them over to the right. I don't remember but I think I hook the pull rods from the opposite side with the realignment. This helps to better align the pedals with the knee levers.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Jon Voth wrote:
Not knowing better, I would assume most all are the same. Lengths of guitars and 8 or 9 pedals each-I would think there's not a lot of difference in the spacing. But please correct me!
Definite differences. Just between two modern steels I have right here, 8 pedals measured center-to-center from P1 to P8:

Fessenden: 17.5"
Williams: 16.5"