How many Bigsby’s in Europe?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Damir Besic

How many Bigsby’s in Europe?

Post by Damir Besic »

thinking about maybe bringing my ‘51 Bigsby T8 to Europe next time, does anybody have an idea how many Bigsby’s are currently located in Europe? thanks...

Jeff Mead

Post by Jeff Mead »

Phil Morgan would be able to answer your question for sure.

I have a feeling that, apart from his, there is one other.

I think that cost of shipping is the main thing that has prevented more of these wonderful instruments ending up on this side of the pond. I reckon if it was already in Europe you'd find a buyer for sure.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Thanks Jeff, I was thinking there would be 2-3 at the most, but don’t know for sure... this instrument would definitely be a very rare sight on European stage... 😊
Jussi Huhtakangas

Post by Jussi Huhtakangas »

There's two, mine and Phil's. Then there's a one PA Reissue in London and at least some point there was a T8 non pedal guitar in Portugal that was made out of real Bigsby parts but not made by PA.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

wow , thanks Jussi, I never thought about that unti I started thinking about bringing mine with me to Europe, and realized I’ve never seen a Bigsby on the stage after playing all over Europe for decades... very interesting
Jussi Huhtakangas

Post by Jussi Huhtakangas »

Damir, I've played mine on stage many many times. Mostly here in Finland and Sweden and one tour in Germany years ago. I took it to US couple of times also but I don't like to take it on the gig anymore if I have to fly since I don't want the original case to be damaged. If I had a proper flight case it'd be a different thing.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Jussi Huhtakangas wrote:Damir, I've played mine on stage many many times. Mostly here in Finland and Sweden and one tour in Germany years ago. I took it to US couple of times also but I don't like to take it on the gig anymore if I have to fly since I don't want the original case to be damaged. If I had a proper flight case it'd be a different thing.

that makes sense, I don’t have original case for this guitar, it is in D12 Mullen case right now , but I will order a custom built flight case for it as soon as I get back to US, so it should be ok and safe to put it on the plane... I hope