12 String Sierra Crown - 7 Pedals 4 Levers (+LKU) - $1625

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Adam Derstine

12 String Sierra Crown - 7 Pedals 4 Levers (+LKU) - $1625

Post by Adam Derstine »

Selling an early nineties Sierra Crown.

Sierra really puts the steel back in pedal steel guitar - this is a solid instrument with sustain for days and a clear clean tone. It stays in tune and there's almost no cabinet drop because of the strength of the construction. It's heavy - probably not you best gig PSG.

This is a 12-string single neck model. It has seven pedals and four levers installed (LKL, LKR, RKR, RKL). I also purchased but never installed a Left Knee Up lever from Jim Palenscar, which is included in this listing.

This is an all-pull guitar. Triple raise, double lower.

You'll notice in the photos that it has 10 strings on it right now (not 12) - I've been using it to test setups for my other 10 string PSG because I like the way the Sierra is built - everything is adjustable and the adjustments stay where you put them. So it's set up right now in a fairly standard E9 for the top ten strings, but not the bottom two. Like all PSG purchases, you will want to set it up for your preferences. All the original levers, rods and cranks come with it as well as several additional rods I've cut and many extra spacers and some additional cranks. Comes with a case.

David Duncan

Sierra 12

Post by David Duncan »

Adam sent you a PM.
"six feet of snow, comin' through my radio..."
Lowell George
Adam Derstine

Post by Adam Derstine »