Sold: Sho-Bud Pro 1 - $1500

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Brandon Dills

Sold: Sho-Bud Pro 1 - $1500

Post by Brandon Dills »

I recently rescued a very nice Pro 1. I am the first to admit I am not an expert on these. I have been told it is a 3+2, likely from the early 1970's. It has the round front. I cleaned it the best I could without taking anything apart and used my guitar tuner to tune E9 according to the book that came with it. I plugged it in and I thought it had a great tone when I played some basic chords out of the book. I love the look and the sound, I just don't see me learning to play it. Contact me with any questions. I will do my best to get you honest answers. Comes with 3 slides (pictured). Price: $1500
Last edited by Brandon Dills on 10 Jun 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon Dills

Bottom View, End View

Post by Brandon Dills »

I forgot to include these.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Wow;yes from the early 70's and actually 1973; as it has the Green tint added to the white texture shobud was doing during the inception of the new LDG's... so the serial number...I can't see first number; but "3"720 or "4"720 are indeed from 1973.
And it has Barrel tuning behind two hole pullers; so the best sounding single/single changer ShoBud ever made.
Round front; rope inlay and original pickup with Coil Tape red wire; someone took the mini toggle off endplate..ha
Original LKR and LKL can be had by the great Michael Yahl at www.psgparts.com
I wrote all this Brandon; because I have a line of guys always asking me if I ever see one to check it out and so there for that's what I'm doing.
ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Paul Pearson

Pro1

Post by Paul Pearson »

That's a beautiful guitar I had 1 years ago almost like it.Ricky Davis when was the rack & barrel made that's what I had
Mike Marsh

ill Take It

Post by Mike Marsh »

PM Sent
Thx,
Mike
Williams Series 700 4X5
Ricky Thompson

Sho bud

Post by Ricky Thompson »

Brandon does that include shipping? Thanks Ricky
Brandon Dills

Thanks for the info!

Post by Brandon Dills »

Thanks for the great info Ricky. The numbers are 4 720. I love learning the history behind things like this. If I can get your people any more information or pictures let me know.
Ron Spears

Nice Guitar

Post by Ron Spears »

That's a great price if it had 4 knees. The other two can be had for $400 if you have the expertise to install them. Probably $100 more if you don't.
Matt Haney

Pro 1

Post by Matt Haney »

I'll buy the Pro 1 if still available. PM sent.

Thanks,
Matt
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yeah Brandon; that serial number puts it built December 1973.
Paul the Rack and Barrel D-10 and S-10 were made at same time. When the new "Pro~II" came out; it was exactly like the Professional in every way EXCEPT it pulled barrels with pullers and NOT racks and they started right around early 1973....so therefore when someone wanted a single-10; they then had a choice for it to be rack and barrel or crossbars pulling barrels like the new Pro~II...so there was a over lap in mechanism. Then the very first LDG was built for Lloyd Green in May 1973 and Lloyd had it modified shortly after; but I have the very first LDG made that was shipped out> Here's mine.(I believe both me and lloyd have the first two without the green tint added; as they started that shortly after that first month and only for 1 year).
Here's lloyds
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Brandon Dills

Thanks Ricky

Post by Brandon Dills »

The mechanics just fascinates me. These are awesome works of art, not just instruments!
Paul Pearson

Pro1

Post by Paul Pearson »

Thanks Ricky Davis wished I had keep mine but someone wanted it more than I did