Russler steel guitar

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Ray Miller

Russler steel guitar

Post by Larry Ray Miller »

I have a Russler Elderado built in 2012 by Russ Hicks, and Randy Weideman. I need to buy the owners manual especially the rodding chart. Thanks for any help. Larry
MSA Classic,Rustler Eldorado,Nashville 112, Session 500, Gretch, Ovation.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Larry, I would try to reach Randy if I were you.
I think he'll be about the only one that can help you.
Good luck sir.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Larry Ray Miller

Russler.guitar

I tried to get in touch with Randy, and Russ. I guess they got their money and I am on my own. I like the guitar, but the previous owner moved the pedals around, and got the rodding wrong. I guess I am stuck with the turkey.
Chris Brooks

Post by Chris Brooks »

Larry, why not just take the guitar to a fixer-upper in your area? I notice that you are not far from Knoxville, Johnson City, Asheville, Charlotte . . ..

Chris
Butch Mullen

Post by Butch Mullen »

You ain't stuck with that turkey as long as your on the forum!!! Butch in NC
Larry Ray Miller

Russler steel guitar

I have worked on MSA, and Mullen guitars using a Carter chart. This guitar has a double pull on the b pedal string 6. I can guess at the rest. I have the guitar so that I can play it, but it is probally not the factory settings. The previous owner removed the Franklin pedal. I dont have the settings for it. I dont know if it is worth putting back.[/list]
Bobby D. Jones

Russler steel guitar

Post by Bobby D. Jones »

Put Russler steel guitar into internet search. It will come up, You can go to a owners manual website, They say you can free download a owners manual for Russler Steel Guitar. That may be the easy way to get the a owners manual.

If you don't have a friend that lives next door that does good work on steel guitars, You need to be a mechanic as well as a player.

Good Luck in getting this guitar into good setup and adjustment.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Larry I've got a Russler and used to own the one you have. Russ even signed it for me. Anyway the rodding of both of our guitars should be the same.

Tony
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I can bring my guitar over and let you make a chart from it. .

Tony
Larry Ray Miller

Russler.guitar

Tony I will try to call you next week. I would drive to wherever you are to make a chart of the E neck. Thank you.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Hey Larry, I recently traded for A Performance Guitar which is the predecessor of the Russler guitars. Russ and Randy brought the left over stock of the Performance Guitars parts and built the Russler. Both very good guitars. I too need a rodding chart for this one. It is a three up and two down changer. I have some knowledge of rodding but am having trouble getting this to feel like I think it should. I have used Carter, MSA, and LDG Sho-Bud charts to help me get their but so far have not, almost but not quite. I called Randy and when he heard me say something about parts for a Performance he got busy and had to go and said I will call you back, I am still waiting on that call back. If I find anything I will let you know and please do the same for me. I know these are great playing and sounding guitars because I had another one a few years back and it was perfect. Good Luck on your search, J.R. Rose
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Hey Larry, looking forward to hearing from you.

Tony
Larry Ray Miller

Russler.guitar

J R I also used charts for Carter,and GFI, I am close, but not quite right. I hope to look at Tony's guitar this week, and make a factory chart. I will relay it to you if I can get it.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Larry, Just by spending time and moving rods a little at a time I think I got this girl fine tuned. I think she plays really good now. A good medium feel on the pedals but a positive feel. Send me a P.M. with your e-mail or if you have picture phone and would rather do that send me you number and I will send you some pictures of what I got. The phone will let you blow up the picture so you can see better. J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I'm meeting Larry Monday to help him get his pedals how he wants them. It'll be good to see the old guitar again.

Tony
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Larry, I sent you private e-mail today, J.R.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Truly rodding a guitar is not rocket science. Play around with one pull and see what happens. Know that the rods in the bellcranks pull more and faster (and the resulting pull is stiffer)the further you get away from the cross shaft and the opposite is true at the changer level - the closer you get to the changer axle the faster/more pull will occur. Start with the big strings and make them as easy as possible and work away from that(ie.- rod the 10th string as close as you can get to the cross shaft and as far as you can from the changer axle for the easiest pull then rod the 5th string so that it starts its pull at the same time- it will have to be faster as it is a thinner string). Also know that it is the size of the core that determines the stretch of the string and the core in wound strings is generally way smaller than the diameter of the string- ie.- about 1/2 the diameter). It is my belief that any player will benefit by knowing how their guitar works and I am more than happy and willing to help anyone with anything I know.
Paul Stauskas

Post by Paul Stauskas »

Thank you Jim for sharing your wisdom!
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Jim Palenscar is just full of good Widsom. Plus he is a fine Gentleman. J.R. Rose