1929 National Style 3 Squareneck Tricone $4850.00

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Eric Hershkowitz

1929 National Style 3 Squareneck Tricone $4850.00

Post by Eric Hershkowitz »

This is a very, very nice National Style 3 squareneck, which I have had for a long time. I have researched these extensively and collected them for over 30 years. In accordance, I have priced this one very reasonably. The style 3's are hard to come by, especially in this condition. Current prices range from $4800.00 to $8995.00, with the average being $6580.00. The guitars on the "low" end are in terrible shape as you can imagine. I would judge this guitar to be much, much better than average. Condition...it is very hard to photograph, but I have tried to capture the minor cosmetic defects adequately for you to evaluate. There is some light scuffing/playing wear on the upper bout, treble side and on the palmrest where one would expect the most wear. As far as dents, there are only three tiny "peck" marks on the upper bout, treble side, near the fretboard. The back shows some light scuffing with a couple of longer, more visible scratches. The guitar is completely original and plays without any issues such as buzzing or rattling. It will be shipped in a new TKL tweed case. Asking price is non-negotiable, sorry...this is a very good price for a Style 3! Priced at $4850.00, and to tempt anyone on the fence, I will include shipping and insurance in the Continental United States. I have not sold any guitars on The Steel Guitar Forum, but I have bought and sold considerably and do have references from this and other forums and within the resonator guitar "circle" if you need that security. I have more photos that I can email you upon request...just PM me.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

Stunning !
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Gorgeous I would figure that would be one of the best vintage National Dobro examples of that era you will ever see.
Jon Zimmerman

Survivor

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Ditto.. marvel of a National. Not many look like it, that owners want to part with. Snooze=lose. :o
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Spectacular! I need to head over to the store to buy some lottery tickets.
Mark
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

I’ve been wanting to get back in the tricone game. This is the one I would want.
Tom Wolverton

Post by Tom Wolverton »

“I have lust in my heart.”

Seriously, Eric is a solid guy. I would do business with him without hesitation.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Eric Hershkowitz

...Thank you Tom! I appreciate the vote of confidence. I agree with those above that the Style 3 Tricone is one of the most beautiful instruments that National produced. Probably my favorite! For those considering, I don't have to make much on this instrument...I work for a living. So I have intentionally chosen a price point that I believe the new owner will be very happy with. If you happen to be waiting for a style 4, I may have one of those to part with soon. Thanks, gentlemen for your interest.
Lee Holliday

Post by Lee Holliday »

Eric sorry to jump the gun, you mentioned a style 4 would that be Hawaiian or Spanish. Neck??
Regards Lee
Eric Hershkowitz

Lee:
Not a problem...it would be a Hawaiian/square neck. Sorry...I think...you're probably cruising for the rare round neck style 4!!
Lee Holliday

Post by Lee Holliday »

Thanks Eric a friend of mine is looking for a 4 Round neck, Out of my league and ability.
Your style 3 looks a peach, I have a style 2 custom so not in the hunt but if I was it looks to be a fair price.
Good luck and thanks again.
Lee
Randle Cole

national

Post by Randle Cole »

this is a very straight and clean guitar. Eric is a neighbor and bro for 30 plus years and i have played this guitar and it sounds very very good. Eric is easy to deal with and a straight shooter. i just widh i needed another guitar.
Eric Hershkowitz

...thank you for the vote, Mr. Cole! I’m glad you’re not looking because if this guitar resided nearby, I would probably seek it out and want to buy it back!!