Another MSA S12 " Sold pending py/mt"

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Dennis Brown

Another MSA S12 " Sold pending py/mt"

Post by Dennis Brown »

This is the last of 3 belonging to a dear friend who has past away. 4 pedals, 5 knees levers. Emmons set up.
The body is pretty rough from bar dings and the front skirt board looks like the finish is failing near the MSA logo. Other than that, it looks pretty clean. The current copedent: E's on the left, vertical lowers G#-F#, RL lowers B to Bb and the RR Lowers 2nd string D# and 7th string F#. It is capable of doing so much more. The family is asking $1250.00 shipped.
Last edited by Dennis Brown on 20 Apr 2019 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott McRee

Msa guitar

Post by Scott McRee »

How are you? I am very interested in the guitar. Will you take $900 for it? It’s pretty beat up so I’d need to send it to get it re lacquered and cleaned up which will cost me some money. I can buy today if you’re interested. Thanks.
Please call
770-598-5111
Dennis Brown

S12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Sorry Scott. Can't do that.
Gordon Hartin

Post by Gordon Hartin »

that is a nice deal, and an affordable way to try out a 12 string if thinking about making the jump!

gordon
Paul McEvoy

Post by Paul McEvoy »

Is this one also Day layout?
Dennis Brown

U12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Emmons set up. E's on the left.
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

I’m not sure why the minor cosmetics issues would affect the playability of one of the best designed guitars ever made. Bar dings in lacquer nor the chipping or fading of lacquer affects the tone in a negative way. Purely cosmetic and the price reflects this. I think this is a very fair price considering shipping is included.
Dave
Michael Hardee

Post by Michael Hardee »

MSA always seemed to place the left knee levers too far to the right closer to the changer making the knees hard to operate for E9 unless you played Day. The 1974 MSA Classic I owned I had to redo the undercarriage to shift the floor pedals to the right one space so I could use the knees comfortably. Not a big deal they are easy to work on and the undercarriage and pedal bar was designed so you could add up to ten floor pedals. Good deal for a new player who wants a pro guitar at a fair price, GLWS!
Dennis Brown

S12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Thanks for your comments guys. This steel is really clean underneath.
Steven Black

MSA u12

Post by Steven Black »

Well any offers on this guitar?
Dennis Brown

S12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Send me a PM Steve if your interested. :D
Dennis Brown

s12

Post by Dennis Brown »

I removed the odd looking spring that was holding the vertical lever that you can see in the picture. The owner had a broken leg before his passing and was using the spring to hold the lever up and out of his way. ( in order for him to get behind his guitar.) The spring is removed and the vertical lever is again operating as it should. He did similar things to his other guitars as well.
Brett Hansen

Post by Brett Hansen »

Too bad it's not a 10 string. I'm looking for my first PSG and I don't live too far from you but I think that would be too complicated for a 48 year old who's never touched one before. It's funny though about the cosmetics, I've got a Fender custom shop relic I paid extra for because it was beat up, I like the patina.
Dennis Brown

S12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Hi there Brett. Where in Mich are ya? If you start out on a 12 string it won't feel any odder than a 10 string.
The gentleman that owned it started on 12 strings.
However, I know what your feeling.
Brett Hansen

Post by Brett Hansen »

I'm in Clare but my great and great great Grandparents are buried in Little Denmark cemetery in Gowen so I try to get through there to check on things when I get the chance.
Colin Swinney

Post by Colin Swinney »

Brett, you can always just take off the last two strings and play it as a “normal” E9. That’s a great guitar for the price, I’ve been debating trying to sell some gear to finance it actually. I really miss my old MSA Classic.
Dennis Brown

S12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Hey Brett, I'll throw in some free lessons and set you up with lesson materials. I have a bunch of it.
forrest klott

Post by forrest klott »

Brett,

Dennis is a great instructor. He was my first one twenty five odd years ago. He really knows how to start someone at ground zero and work them up from there. I had zero experience with stringed instruments of any kind and Denny got me going. Can’t say enough good things about him.

Best of luck on your journey!

Skeeter
Brett Hansen

Post by Brett Hansen »

PM sent, hoping we can meet up tomorrow. I kinda figured I would start with a Emmons D10 since the guys I love to watch down in Nashville both play Emmons. Danny Mohamed and Jay Andrews, I could watch those guys all day....and have.
Dennis Brown

S12

Post by Dennis Brown »

Sold pending py/mt. :)