Deering John Hartford for sale or trade

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Tony Pulver

Deering John Hartford for sale or trade

Post by Tony Pulver »

Sold off-site, pending payment

Excellent condition Deering John Hartford banjo. This is the model with the Granadillo tone ring and not the pop-off resonator. It’s a loud and lightweight banjo, with volume that stands up to my other banjos (Nechville and Ode).

Curly maple neck and resonator with dark walnut stain. Ebony fingerboard. Maple rim. Fibreskin head, which imparts a slightly warmer tone. I think it sounds great, but of course you could alway change it to a normal head.

There are some minor scrapes on the top of the headstock (pictured), otherwise its in excellent condition. Frets are great.

Comes with a really nice deluxe Deering archtop hardcase.

Sorry for the sideways pictures. They uploaded that way and I can’t fix them.

Trade interests: lightweight pedal steel, Stelling or Gibson banjos or similar, Martin acoustic guitars or similar. If you have any other ideas feel free to pass them by me. Ya never know.

$2200 plus shipping.

Last edited by Tony Pulver on 26 Mar 2019 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steelin' time....
Phil Sikes

Post by Phil Sikes »

A great deal on a superb banjo. If I didn’t already own one I would be all over this at that price.

Phil
Beard Jerry Douglas Signature, RBA B Bender Tele, Larrivee OM60, Kanile'a Super Tenor Ukulele, Kala U-Bass, Fishman Loudbox Mini and Nechville Saturn banjos.
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

I'll jump in on this one too--I had one of these with the pop off resonator, and it was a great banjo. Easily as loud as other resonator banjos I've had, great tone and very light weight. It works well for bluegrass as well as other finger styles and even clawhammer.

I'm an openback player primarily, but prefer 12 or 13 inch rims and a shorter scale or I'd still have my Hartford. This one is priced right!

Dave
Tony Pulver

Post by Tony Pulver »

Thanks for the kind words, guys!
Steelin' time....