Two non pedal steels with Asleep at the Wheel

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tony Palmer

Two non pedal steels with Asleep at the Wheel

Post by Tony Palmer »

Okay this is actually yet another “who is this steeler?” Maybe we should have a forum section just for this!?
Video of AATW live at Billy Bobs with Cindy Cashdollar on lapsteel and someone else, standing next to her on a double neck pedal steel without pedals. I’d like to identify the guy standing up at the doubleneck if anyone knows him, or just as curious if anyone else uses a double neck pedal steel this way?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMWLl4Kc ... afgPyxSq4X
Sierra S10 (three!), Peavey 112 and 115, Benoit dobro, Beard Model E dobro, Beard Roadophonic, MSA Superslide, Dean Nickless custom dobro
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

Altho video was posted in 2014, person in video looks to me to be the Great Player Big Jim Murphy.....he toured with AATW for quite some time playing fantastic swing material on his standup double neck.
Lou Colbert

Post by Lou Colbert »

Yes, this is Murph..he was with The Wheel at the time of his death in 2005.What a great bunch of musicians this was!1 Jason Roberts now has his own band...John Michael is now with Strait!!!
Ken Boi

Post by Ken Boi »

One of my favorite concert DVD videos. Still available on Amazon for under $20.00.