Best Service Companies

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Williams Guitars
Tom Bradshaw
Keith Hilton
Michael Yahl
Sweetwater
2013 Williams D-10, 2019 Williams D-10, 1970 Fender Twin, Evans SE200, Fender Tonemaster Twin, Hilton pedal, Jagwire Strings.
Patrick Huey

Post by Patrick Huey »

Mickey Adams gets first place. Bought several of his DVD’s and one wouldn’t play. “I’ll get another in the mail today.” Hey I’ll be at the Dallas show I’ll get it then. He had a replacement earmarked for me at the Dallas show no questions asked. His support and assistance with anything having to do with PSG has been invaluable. Thanks,Mickey!

I’ve got to add Peterson Tuners to the list here. I’ve emailed them on several different occasions to order a replacement part for my Stroboplus HD...had a screw on the leg clamp go missing, and once the grey plastic selector wheel did the same. Both times i emailed fully prepared and willing to pay for replacement parts and on neither occasion would they even HEAR of it. Parts were immediately shipped to me FREE OF CHARGE.
WAY TO GO PETERSON!!

Mullen Guitars! John Wilson and Mike Mantey have both given just awesome service and support any time I’ve contacted them.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Slim Heilpern

Post by Slim Heilpern »

I've had exceptional service over the last couple of years from:

Bill Rudloph (Williams Guitar Co.)
Jim Palenscar (Steel Guitars of North County)
Tom Bradshaw

Bill, Jim, and Tom have been especially responsive and helpful to me on my relatively new journey. Thank you!

- Slim.
Chromatic Harmonica, Guitar, and Pedal Steel (Williams U12 Series 700, Emmons lap)
http://slimandpenny.com
Bobby Nelson

Post by Bobby Nelson »

I have to say that I've had exceptional service from everyone I've dealt with in the PSG community. I would have to make mention of MSA, Bullett Bars and Hoffmeyer Picks though.
Ronald Moore

Post by Ronald Moore »

Another mention of Bill and Tim Rudolph of Williams Guitar Company. From reading this thread, it seems good service is a common feature from many in the Steel Guitar world. That is a good thing.
Malcolm McMaster

Post by Malcolm McMaster »

For me, Peterson ( Sue Haslam) , MSA, ( Kyle, Mitchell, Sonny) , Hilton (Keith Hilton), superb service from all. Oops forgot b0b, and Ken Fox.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.
Ian Rae

Post by Ian Rae »

Has anyone been in contact with Bill Rudolph lately? He hasn't answered my e-mails and I don't think I can have offended him :)
Make sleeping dogs tell the truth!
Homebuilt keyless U12 7x5, Excel keyless U12 8x8, Williams keyless U12 7x8, Telonics rack and 15" cabs
Mike Bacciarini

Post by Mike Bacciarini »

Jim Palenscar (Steel Guitars of North County)
Tom Bradshaw

Both have been more than helpful
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.