Rhonda Vincent/Mike Johnson on RFD-TV 11/29/18

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jeff Garden

Rhonda Vincent/Mike Johnson on RFD-TV 11/29/18

Post by Jeff Garden »

I just noticed on the TV guide that Rhonda Vincent and Mike Johnson's 2014 visit to the Larry's Country Diner Show on RFD-TV is scheduled to be on tonite, 11/29/18 at 8:00PM Eastern Time.
Kristen Bruno

Post by Kristen Bruno »

What or where is RFD-TV?

Thank
Kristen
"Technology has given us the ability to repeat all the mistakes we have learned from history, but much faster, deadlier and with much greater accuracy" - KAB
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Hi Kristen,

RFD-TV is included as a channel on my DirecTV satellite package but I have no idea how many other providers offer it. Here's the RFD-TV website...maybe it has more info. https://www.rfdtv.com/
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

I have RFD-TV on my Dish Network. Cable services should have it also.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

I have Comcast cable, and unless something has changed very recently and it's on the menu, I've never been able to get the channel.

I emailed Comcast several times to request they add the channel during the years The Marty Stuart Show was on air but to no avail. I threw in the towel at that point.
Mark
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

We have RFD in our Dish package but, every time I've thought I would have a look and see what's on, they've been discussing cattle feed prices.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

It's sort of a Home Shopping Network for farmers, Roger :)
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I gathered that, Jeff, and I neither heard nor saw a steel guitar at any point.
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

Is it a re-run? here is a link. I hope it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIMWLB0VlA
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I love her voice so much!
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Roger, Try watching RFD TV on Saturday nights starting at 8 eastern time. Starts out with Marty Stuart with the fantastic steeler Gary Carter. Then a couple of old Nashville on the road types with Buddy Emmons sometimes. Then Opry Backstage of about 20 years ago with the usual staff steelers of Weldon and others then The Daily and Vincent show. You might catch some older ones with Tommy White. Then at 10 UM Pa Pa Polka music for an hour.
Do you still like your Encore? I love mine.
RFD TV has Hee Haw at various times of the week
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Thanks, Lyle. Jeff Garden also gave me a heads-up on the schedule.

There's a chance that I'll get the remote on Saturdays through December! SWMBO normally watches the Public TV reruns that night but PBS are currently laying out the begging bowls and they're showing some strange stuff.

Last week I was just unlucky! I missed Marty Stuart, then thought I'd hit the jackpot when I saw Tommy White behind Ray Stevens... I was wrong; I heard no steel and the material he chose was odd, to say the least.

I'll talk Susie into it this Saturday and we'll see how that goes. I caught a glimpse of Gary's teal green Zum last week but, at that point, I'd missed the show. Randy Beavers was playing what looked like an Encore! Was it? I wonder.

I'm down to just two steels these days. My beloved 2000 black LeGrande D-10 and my Encore. I've cut back on work so I can't see me ever needing another. The Encore is just great but, while I'm only playing at home (until the next show comes in), only the Emmons is set up in the music room.
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Roger, You are indeed correct in Randy playing an Encore. I talked to Gary Carter a couple of years ago and he had an Encore ordered with some modifications such as the pedal board attachment improvement. I have played my D10 Zum once in the 4 or so years since Ive had my Encore.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Lyle:

That is my only complaint regarding the Encore. The telescopic legs seems to retract slightly while I'm playing it. Next time I go to set up, the pedal-bar won't fit between the wing-nut and the knurled ring on the upper-leg. I long for it to have a fitting like that on my Emmons.

However tight I make the adjustable legs they always move once I've played and put weight on the guitar.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Lyle, you are probably right, but I thought Randy
Was playing a Sho Bud with LeAnn. Course I
Mostly had my eyes on LeAnn.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Steven Paris

Post by Steven Paris »

Mike Johnson is absolutely outstanding!!
Emmons & Peavey