Jeffran Music Melissa ?

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Tommy Auldridge

Jeffran Music Melissa ?

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

Has anyone else had trouble receiving whatever they ordered from Melissa at Jeffran? If I don't get what I ordered in the mail today, Something is just not right. It's been a long wait so far and I really don't expect to get what I ordered or my money back. Waiting to hear feedback from others on their success, or lack there of. Thanks, Tommy....
Tommy Auldridge

Nothing again today

I waited for the mail today to see if Melissa was going to refund my money, or send what I had ordered. On October 13th. I sent her a U.S. Postal money order in the amount of $34.50 for a d.v.d. and tab for Jeff's Steel Guitar Jubilee. She told me in an email, that she had it packed up and ready to send, as soon as she got my money order. After waiting more than two weeks, I contacted her, and she said there had been a problem with a hiss in the audio, but it would be cleaned up and sent out in a day or two. I've since asked her to just refund my money, if she couldn't send what I ordered. Now she won't even reply to my emails. Over the years, I have bought almost every course Jeff had available. I really loved his material, but I suspect something is not quite right with the company, at this point. I'm all through buying whatever else they might have to offer. Thanks, Tommy.....P.S. Please let us know if you've experienced problems with getting what you sent for.
Gregory Etchason

Post by Gregory Etchason »

I've been waiting since 11/7/18. Shipment paid by PayPal.
I don't understand why she runs constant promotions and can't seem to deliver. :x
Tommy Auldridge

Reply update

It's fair to say that Melissa did finally reply to my last email. Saying that the original recordings had to be sent out somewhere to be professionally scrubbed of that hiss. And said they would be sent to me a.s.a.p. Thanks, Tommy....P.S.
Maybe it's just overwhelming to keep up with the demand.
Gregory Etchason

If Melissa is overwhelmed maybe she should consider turning over the Jeffran merchandising to the Forum for an agreed upon royalty.
Tommy Auldridge

Update

By the way, I will let everybody know when, and if I ever receive anything. Other than a new excuse. Thanks, Tommy....
Gregory Etchason

I sent Melissa an email on 11/16/18 regarding my order placed 11/7/18. crickets...........
Sam Werbalowsky

Post by Sam Werbalowsky »

Ordered a few of the "Up from The Top" books and got the notice they shipped about a week later. This all happened about 3 weeks ago. I did send an email to her and got no response, but the goods arrived.
Gregory Etchason

Shipping label printed per USPS, no word or confirmation
of shipping. So it looks like Melissa is busier than a one legged frog on the interstate. Plan on 3 weeks for delivery. :roll:
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

"busier than a one legged frog on the interstate"
That's a good one Gregory.
Tommy Auldridge

Another promotion

I see Melissa is having another promotion sale. I personally Would not send for anything. I hate to say that, but I've gotten nothing more than one excuse after another. It almost seems like she is trying to grab as much cash as she can get, before shutting down completely. Still no course, and no refund. Just my two cents. Tommy.....
Craig Bailey

Post by Craig Bailey »

I am having the same issues.... I hope it will work itself out.
Tim Russell

Post by Tim Russell »

If you call the number, do you ever get an answer?

615-879-4911
Sierra Crown D-10
Gregory Etchason

This is completely weird. She printed a USPS shipping label 11/19/18 and has yet to give the package to the Postal Service. bob could you contact Melissa?
Barry Yasika

Jeffran College

Post by Barry Yasika »

I ordered Jeff's C6th course and the cd and book showed up within a week or two. This was several months ago. I read sort of global email from her concerning the back order of the JF finger picks and it basically said that she got in a little over her head due the the material availability and lead time in the manufacturing process.

I agree though, to keep an established business intact, communication and efficiency are key factors. Some people in business say "Yes" to everything and then when it comes time to deliver find themselves short handed and bogged down with excuse after excuse for not living up to expectations. Hopefully if she gets caught up, she'll learn how to be realistic and say "Sorry, right now the merchandise you'd like to purchase is not available" then take whatever appropriate action necessary to get the product and let her customer's know it's available and they can buy with confidence.

For now, I guess all you can do is think of this as a good opportunity to practice patience. :)
Emmons
Gregory Etchason

Patience really. Jeff and Fran would not approve.
Jeff had patience if you had an excuse.
There really is no excuse.:eek:
Gregory Etchason

USPS received my shipment Nashville 4am 11/28/18.
Hopefully the material is correct and complete :\
Tommy Auldridge

I got what I ordered

My course that I sent for (Steel Guitar Jubilee)showed up in today's mail. I guess it's just a matter of being patient. I'm so glad it was not what I feared, because I truly want to see Melissa and Jeffran Music succeed and continue to offer the best in Jeff's instructional material. If you order something, just don't expect to get it right away. But, I think it's safe to say that you WILL get what you order. Thanks, Tommy......
Gregory Etchason

I received an incomplete order. 12/1/18. I would suggest only using Pay Pal if you do order in the future.
Pay Pal won't put up with this kind of vendor service. I have not pulled the Pay Pal trigger yet. When I brought up Pay Pal in an email she responded immediately and was effusive with apologies.
I got the same "tape hiss"reason why I have not received
my complete order. She stated the remastered "Steelin Feelin" should be ready to ship Friday 12/7/18.

It is what it is. :\
Hal Stackhouse

Melissa Greer

Post by Hal Stackhouse »

I went all the way through the claims procedure with PayPal and got my money back on Steelin' Feelin. Started back in early November. First shipment had Tab book and CD. Cd was blank. I did not get any reply from Melissa until I went to PayPal. Then got an immediate response. However she never shipped the follow up to correct the shipment. She registered a Priority Mail label as in some of the other posts you can see on here but she never sent the shipment. PayPal gave me my money back. So sad to see Jeffran go down like this. I think she is selling things she does not have.
Good luck on purchases to all. I quit doing business with her.

Hal
James M Peters

Jeffran music.

Post by James M Peters »

Sounds to me like she's way over her head with this business Tommy. Sorry to hear about your problem here. I never had a problem with Fran.
GFI Ultra SD10 3x4,
Peavey Nashville 112
Dennis Manuel

Post by Dennis Manuel »

I ordered a lot of material and no shipment. Have sent a complaint to PayPal.
Gregory Etchason

3 weeks ago Melissa gave me a story about "hiss" and the Steelin Feelin offer. She assured me it would be shipped in the next 2 days.
Nothing and NO response on emails. I'm giving her to the first week of January to produce the product as advertised or PayPal will get another complaint.
Gary Watkins

Post by Gary Watkins »

Gregory Etchason wrote:3 weeks ago Melissa gave me a story about "hiss" and the Steelin Feelin offer. She assured me it would be shipped in the next 2 days.
Nothing and NO response on emails. I'm giving her to the first week of January to produce the product as advertised or PayPal will get another complaint.
I filed a complaint with PAYPAL, but because it was over 180 days, PAYPAL declined my claim. I appealed the decision and because Melissa would not respond to PAYPAL, PAYPAL gave me my money back.
If you succeed in cheating someone, don't think that the person is a fool. It's just that the person trusted you far more than you deserved.
Jamie Kitlarchuk

Post by Jamie Kitlarchuk »

Anyone get their pre-christmas orders yet? I placed an order on Dec 2 and still nothing. I ordered the bandsand bundle that was on special for Christmas.

I've sent weekly emails requesting a tracking number, and also left a few voicemails, but haven't received a response.

Just wondering if it's just my order, or if others haven't received their christmas orders as well.