Wanted: Pedal Steel player proficient in Python

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Neslony

Wanted: Pedal Steel player proficient in Python

Post by David Neslony »

I'm a pedal steel player looking for a Pedal Steel player who is proficient in Python and has the time to assist me in creating a New learning app for PSG.
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

I couldn't help but chuckle..Steel Player + Python user has to be a fairly small group of folks.

I'm an EE by trade in the semi-conductor industry, and I've been using Python pretty much daily for the last couple of years working on various pieces of an IDE tool, mostly scripting things I don't want to do 'by hand'.

Clearly I'm not a Python expert. I tend to know what I want to do and go google until I find somebody who has solved a similar problem and then steel(:-)) their code, but I'm very curious as to what you're working on. I'd be glad to help out if I can.
David Neslony

Hi Bill

Post by David Neslony »

Hi Bill,

Sounds like I hit the jackpot!
Please send me your email address and I'll send you some info and attachments (animated gifs are a large part of it).
My email address is:

dnesl_music@yahoo.com
Robert Parent

Post by Robert Parent »

Used Python for a several programs a couple years back so guess that makes for a couple of us on the planet. :)

As Bill mentioned, most folks pretty much hack other peoples code to do whatever they need done. It's free and one can in-time, figure out how to make it do whatever. The documentation pretty much sucks for a beginner, but is Ok, once you figure out the basics. If you need to do real time programming it can be a bit of a challenge.

Robert
Paul Stauskas

Post by Paul Stauskas »

I created a tool using Python for this purpose. You can check it out in the link in my signature beneath this post.
David Neslony

Post by David Neslony »

Paul Stauskas,
Where is the program that you're talking about?
What is the link to download it?

David Neslony
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

The only Python I'm familiar with is Monty. Does that count? ;)