YouTube tricks?

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Steve Huddleston

YouTube tricks?

Post by Steve Huddleston »

I’m sure many folks are aware that YouTube has a feature where you can slow down playback yet not change pitch. It’s great for us newbies trying to copy someone’s playing. My question is, is anyone aware of a way to pause playback, yet the have the notes keep ringing? It seems technically doable and I know I’d like it.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

No, it's a feed, so when the play stops, so do the sounds. I believe what you want them to do is not loop, but just drone on endlessly? I've had that happen when the computer locked up, and I find it very annoying. :\

If you can't catch all the exact notes, just play something close until your skills improve. Then it will all be easier. :)
Jim Kennedy

Post by Jim Kennedy »

If I can't find a song any other way, Audacity will record the audio while the video is playing. Once you save the audio, there are a variety of programs available that will infinitely speed up or slow down the song, and change keys. I use Transcribe, and the Amazing Slow Downer is another popular one. I do not know of any program that will simply sustain a note. Transcribe will play back at as little as 20 per cent of original speed, making the notes 5 times longer than normal speed. I find this useful in passages with a lot of notes of short duration.
ShoBud Pro 1, 75 Tele, 85 Yamaha SA 2000, Fender Cybertwin,