Sold Loco-ly Please close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Joe Estes

Sold Loco-ly Please close

Post by Joe Estes »

I am selling my Lazy River weissenborn, made by Rance White in North Carolina. This guitar is made of solid walnut (back and sides) with a solid spruce top. It has beautiful maple binding, and comes in a protec-type case that is in good shape, but a bit too big for the guitar. The guitar has a few nicks and dings, as seen in the pictures. I bought it a couple of years ago (maybe on this forum, I can't remember) and I am basically trying to get what I have in it. It did come in a gig bag, and I am selling it with the case. The previous owner did not disclose any issues with the guitar. I am not sure that the guitar has issues (as the structure of the guitar may represent the build), but I want to give full disclosure based on my knowledge. The guitar may have a crack in the fingerboard near the sound hole. It is subtle and I tried to capture this in a picture, but it is very hard to capture with a photograph. The frets stick out a bit from the fingerboard and the top may have sunk slightly near the sound hole. I have humidified the guitar since I have owned it, and I am not seeing much difference in the structure of the guitar with consistent humidity. The fingerboard drops off slightly towards the sound hole and I tried to capture the variability in the string height down the sound board in one of the pictures. With all of this being said, the guitar sounds fantastic, and I sold my Bear Creek koa guitar after I bought this one, as this one sounded louder with better sustain (although the Bear Creek may have had more overtones...). I would like $700 for guitar. Packing/shipping through FedEx ground will be $100, and the guitar will be fully insured with signature required. I will refund any difference in shipping costs less than $100. Payment through PayPal. Please pm or e-mail any questions or for more info. Thanks. Joe "Scott" Estes.

Last edited by Joe Estes on 26 Sep 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Estes

Post by Joe Estes »

still for sale!