GFI with MSA changer

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brian Henry

GFI with MSA changer

Post by Brian Henry »

Would it be possible to modify a student GFI by putting on an MSA neck and an MSA tuner? How much would the changer endplate have to be modified?
John Wiesner

Post by John Wiesner »

Hello TB. That may be very possible to do but a very bad idea. You will have ruined a very good entry level steel and end up with something that is just not right. You should sell the entry level GFI on E-BAY and use the money toward a new GFI ultra. Gene and Bob at GFI make a great steel that they will help you with it if anything goes wrong.The new models sound and play great.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

John,

I have an msa changer, an msa aluminum neck, an MSA keyhead and nut, a set of msa legs and the chance to buy a gfi student model real cheap. I appreciate you feedback and am thing about what you said. ( I have a friend who has a machine shop so I am sure modifications could be made.)
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

But Why? Sonny.

------------------
richard burton

Post by richard burton »

What will the MSA parts give you that cannot already be achieved with the existing GFI setup?
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Thank you guys you have helped me think straight and make the right decision. I was thinking about looks which would have no effect on the sound.
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

I Love The sound Of My GFI. SONNY.

------------------