Anyone know Steeler Earl Briggs of Wylie, TX Opry

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Hoetker

Anyone know Steeler Earl Briggs of Wylie, TX Opry

Post by Gary Hoetker »

Caught some of his work on youtube backing Kenny Seratt. What a talent and very Mooneyesque which is the highest compliment,imo. Here is a link....

https://youtu.be/tFGwlAcljWI

Kenny is great as well and sorely missed.
Earl Briggs

Post by Earl Briggs »

Hey Gary, this is earl,Kenny was good to work for.he was with us at Wylie opry for 21 Years he was a great singer, really miss him. Earl b.
Gary Hoetker

Post by Gary Hoetker »

Earl,

I really appreciate your reply Now that I've discovered you, you are one one of my very favorite steelers. I hope you continue playing for along time so others can enjoy your immense talent as much as I do. By the way, are the two girl singers backing Kenny still working? They're a kick. I think one is named Lisa. Best wishes and God Bless.

Gary
Earl Briggs

Post by Earl Briggs »

Gary, thank you for the very kind coments. Lisa still sings around the Dallas area , crystal the other girl passed away about 15 years ago from diabetes,miss her very much also.the Wylie opry has been since 1984. I have been there 28 of those years. We play a lot of classic country , if you are ever in the dfw area stop by. Wylie is just a little northeast of Dallas .thanks again , earl briggs.........