Carter 3 Pedal Prev Used By Steve Byam On Austin City Limits

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Mike Meadors

Carter 3 Pedal Prev Used By Steve Byam On Austin City Limits

Post by Mike Meadors »

For sale: Years ago, I bought this Carter 3 pedal guitar from Steve Byam, who played it on Austin City Limits with Trace Adkins back in 1997. Make offer. Not a fire sale just looking for a reasonable market price. It has particular value since it has some history.

You can see it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Jyv805HLQ
The guitar I'm selling is the same exact one as on the video being played.

There are other vids from that same show on Youtube for your viewing.

Some other pics:

LOTS more pics with close ups etc for anyone seriously interested. Happy to send your way. Is in fine shape, comes with case, etc. It has been sitting in its case in my music room for many years as I never got the hang of pedal steel. Am just selling off some guitars and equip to buy more pinball machines. You can private email me at mjmeadors@aol.com for more info. [/img]
Derrick Unger

email

Post by Derrick Unger »

Hey Mike called and sent a email..get ahold of me
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112
Roy McKinney

Post by Roy McKinney »

Man, what a steel. Has 3 heel pedals!
Mike Meadors

Post by Mike Meadors »

Roy McKinney wrote:Man, what a steel. Has 3 heel pedals!
HA! Yes, 3 heel pedals! I had my asst put the guitar together and take photos. I wasn't even paying attention when I posted. Talk about ass-backwards! LOL
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Historical????,,,huuummmm,,,,
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

I'm still waiting for someone to play pedal steel behind their back like Jimi Hendrix.
Kevin Swan

Post by Kevin Swan »

Roy McKinney wrote:Man, what a steel. Has 3 heel pedals!
No, see? That pad is there for me to smack my forehead against when I get "lost" on a song!
"Just because you're not a drummer doesn't mean you don't have to keep time." Thelonious Monk
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

The legs are in the wrong sockets too. That reminds me how mine looked back in my drinking days when I had a six pack and a fifth before the show started. With that said I have and play a Carter just like this one for sale and they are excellent pedal steels and as good as any other. I have just about owned or at least played them all. I highly recommend them for a ton of reasons.
Mike Meadors

Sold Thanks

Post by Mike Meadors »

Thanks for the interest. SOLD today. Going back to someone to Texas where it grew up.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

Awesome!