Lamar S8 for sale or trade

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Joe Swierupski

Lamar S8 for sale or trade

Post by Joe Swierupski »

I am selling my sweet little Lamar 8 string steel. This was built for Lew Houston (Conway Twitty) by Lamar Colvin in the early 90’s. Maple body and neck and a great little single coil Pickup. It’s a simple, all-pull design with 3 raises and 3 lowers. It’s a fun little steel that is perfect for anyone who gigs a lot because it’s so small and easy to transport. It’s in terrific shape, plays nice and looks great on stage. It’s easy enough to change copedents and I’ve spent plenty of time under the hood trying different things.

Currently I have it setup pretty standard with a couple of little changes:
Strung up like the top 8 strings of a 10 string (no low D or B)
A pedal raises B to C#
B pedal raises G#s to A
C raises high E to F# and B to C#
D lowers B to A and G# to F#
LKL raises Es to F
LVL raises low F# to G#
LKR lowers high E to D#
RKL lowers high E to D
RKR raises high F# to G# and D# to E

I’m asking 2500$ + shipping and fees or a trade. I’m looking for a high quality SD10 or D10 (Emmons, Mullen, Fessy, GFI, etc) and would be willing to throw some cash your way for a really nice instrument of higher value. In other words, I’m open! PM me with an offer and I’ll consider it. It’s a great guitar for someone looking to downsize a bit.
Thanks!

(It seems I’m unable to post pictures from here. I can email them to you or maybe someone would be so kind to post them if I can email them- sorry for the inconvenience.)
Jerry Overstreet

Is This It?

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Apologies for butting in Joe, but I found a shot of the guitar elsewhere. At least I think this is the one. If it is not, I'll take it down. Also when someone posts the pics you have, I'll remove it.
Joe Swierupski

Post by Joe Swierupski »

Thanks Jerry! That’s it, although the pedals are no longer centered and the black fingerboard is no longer there (still have it but it was broken). Thank you!
Jerry Overstreet

perhaps someone can post your email pics

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

You're welcome Joe. I'm not good with swapping pics in email, so maybe some kind soul will volunteer to post shots of the current arrangement for you and I can take this one down. Sweet little guitar!

Good Luck!
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

close
Last edited by Paul Norman on 31 Jan 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

Had to Re size pictures. Way too large. Pics for Joe Swierupski