JDB in Nashville 12/30

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Andrew Zehner

JDB in Nashville 12/30

Post by Andrew Zehner »

My lady friend and I are heading to Nashville tomorrow to see the Jerry Douglas Band at the City Winery and I can’t wait! This will only be my second time seeing Jerry in concert, with the first time being a show that was just him and Travis Tritt both playing acoustic which was pretty cool. I’ll either come back and be ready to practice even harder or be discouraged after seeing the master in action :lol: Either way, it should be a good time, especially if my girlfriend says yes to a very important question that I’m going to ask her tomorrow! 8)
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

I’ve seen his new band twice and they are all top drawer players. And they really drive Jerry to push the envelope. I’ve seen Jerry play in different configurations over the years probably 35 times and I’m really liking the current band.

Mike Seal is an amazing electric guitar player.

Enjoy the show and give us a report!
Mark
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

Andrew, ask Jerry if you can come up on stage to ask your question, I'm sure he would not mind.
Don Kuhn

Post by Don Kuhn »

Andrew hopefully she will say Yes when you ask her too buy you a new steel. :roll:
Andrew Zehner

Post by Andrew Zehner »

What an amazing show! Shawn Camp opened up, and I didn't realize beforehand that he is a member of Earls of Leceister along with Jerry. He is an amazing flatpicker and singer!

And the Jerry Douglas Band...even though all of the guys are very talented, I had to make it a point to stop being awestruck watching Jerry play and pay attention to the other players! Ricky Skaggs sat at a table right behind us and I thought maybe we were going to get to hear a treat, but I think that he was just enjoying watching his good friends play. :) Jerry talked a lot to the crowd and my girlfriend really enjoyed that because she hadn't heard that much of Jerry before. If anyone ever gets a chance to catch a show at the City Winery in Nashville I highly recommend it. I believe there are other City Winery locations in some other cities as well.

And as far as asking my girlfriend the question, she said yes to my asking her to marry me! Now about that new steel guitar, it might be easier to get her on board since she just got a new ring 8)
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

Congrats Andrew, she likes good music too.