Doing Traditional Country Music in Southern Indiana area

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Jennings

Doing Traditional Country Music in Southern Indiana area

Post by Bob Jennings »

Anyone Steel Players out there near the Bloomington, Indiana area that would like to get together and do the ol' Country Music from the 40's and 50's. I play good Barre Chord rhythm and sing the old songs.

Bob J.
Last edited by Bob Jennings on 7 Dec 2017 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Wish you were near me. My wife and I are thinking of getting together with some players to do the 60's, 70's, and 80's real country. Our gigging band doesn't go back that far.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Bob Jennings

Doing Traditional Country Music

Post by Bob Jennings »

Richard,

Thanks for the reply. Long way to California from Indiana but I'm glad you replied. The Traditional Country Music I'm thinking of is from the late 40's and 50's. I'm up in the years but still play rhythm and a wannabee pedal steel player. For rhythm I play a Gibson L 50 from 1952; my parents bought it for me then. I've got a DeArmond pickup on it and run this thru a Fender Deluxe 112 and get a real good rhythm sound!!

Thanks again for the thoughts,

Bob J.
Paul Wade

country music

Post by Paul Wade »

bob,
this might help. this from a old thread on the forum
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 3c91f17905

p.w
David Graves

Post by David Graves »

Tonight is your best option every Thursday night beginning at 6 o’clock at the American Legion on W. 2nd St. it’s always some fantastic musicians and good music that you wouldn’t expect to hear in such a small place it’s great . Dave Jackson from the little Nashville Opry is on steel guitar Mark holler was also from the Opry and Randy Raines an exceptional lead guitar player you’ll enjoy yourself
St. Blues 1984 "Holy Grail"
Take the time to introduce someone young to music... and play a few songs with someone old.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Completely off topic, but, from 1976 to 1986 I worked for Kimball, based out of Jasper. Our piano plant was in French Lick.