Cindy Cashdollar

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

danvan

Cindy Cashdollar

Post by danvan »

Does anyone know what Cindy Cash dollar is doing these days?? Heard she is producing more instruction tapes.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Image <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by HowardR on 12 November 2001 at 04:53 PM.]</p></FONT>
Aaron Schiff

Post by Aaron Schiff »

Just got my Homespun Tapes catalog over the weekend. On the cover is "Dobro Variations by Cindy Cashdollar, Explorations in Minor, Swing and Rockabilly Styles". Includes "Panhandle Rag", Django Reinhart's
"Minor Swing", something called "Rockabilly Blues" that I haven't heard of previously and Bob Wills great old classic, "Faded Love". Includes G6 tuning. Hope she has more in store for us. I love her instruction as much as I love her playing.
pdlstl

Post by pdlstl »

I saw her in October at Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth. She was playing with Peter Rowan.

Tony Rice was playing guitar...
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

In the photo above, which was taken at Jazz Fest,she's playing with Beausoleil, along with Sonny Landreth and Richard Thompson.
Aaron Schiff

Post by Aaron Schiff »

I just got the money together to order the tape this morning, so I don't know. The catalog says she changes just one string. Since it is G6 and not Gmaj6, I assume she tunes one of the D strings to D# and not E. Just a guess. I hope she doesn't go to high on the 1st string since I use an 18 for both the 1st and second. I'll let you know when I get the video.
nick allen

Post by nick allen »

In an interview in one of Stacy Phillips' d*br* books she talks about raising the 4th string D to an E, thus GBEGBD low to high - I would guess that's what the tuning is on this video.
Nick