Sho-bud Pedal-bar part

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tim Tweedale

Sho-bud Pedal-bar part

Post by Tim Tweedale »

On the pedal bar of my Sho-bud Pro II custom, the big rod that holds all the pedals in place came loose, and in the process I lost one of the washers that sits between each of the pedals.
I did the sensible thing and checked at the hardware store, but the washers they had would not fit the job.
So where can I find a washer that will do the job? Bobbe?The little bit of lateral wiggle I have on my pedals is driving me nuts!

-Tim
Jon James

Post by Jon James »

Hey Tim.
Do all of the sho-bud pedal racks have little washers between the pedals? When I got my old sho-bud, someone had swapped the stock pedals for a later model ones, I just figured that they were just different sizes and that they were loose all the time. I fixed mine by going to the hardware store (true-value) and getting a little bit of nylon spacer with a 1/2" inner diameter, and shaving a couple peices off the end. It worked fine for me. I am still interested in knowing if there should be spacers on there to begin with.
Jon
Tim Tweedale

Post by Tim Tweedale »

Good idea, Jon! I am not sure if all pedal bars are supposed to have these washers. I know that mine is (because there are washers between all the pedals except for the one that's missing). I'm hoping someone on the forum can point me to where I can get the original part.

-Tim
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Yes, we have the part,
Now, the part is on the way Tim. No charge
Bobbe<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 28 June 2005 at 02:33 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Tim, let me know if you get this message.

Bobster