Songs of Hawaii sheet music books-anyone have some ?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Larry Lenhart

Songs of Hawaii sheet music books-anyone have some ?

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I have such a book by Hal Leonard, which contrain over 40 Island favorites, but the two songs I am looking for are not in it....Hawaiian Hospitaliy and "I Want to learn to speak Hawaiian". Does anyone have a book with those tunes in standard music notation ? I found the sheet music on ebay and amazon for each of these songs, but it would be $20 to buy them, and if I was going to spend that much money, I would rather get a book of collections that include those 2 songs. Thanks for any help or suggestions...perhaps I should put this in the WTB section as well.
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Peter Garellick

Post by Peter Garellick »

Hi Larry,

I have 1 of the songs, "I want to learn to speak Hawaiian." I am attaching it here, this is from a 1950 songbook, no copyright violation intended.

Enjoy, it's a nice tune!

Peter

Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Peter,
Fantastic !! Thank you so much, I really appreciate that...I think it is a nice song.
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Peter Garellick

Post by Peter Garellick »

You are welcome!

I know the other song Hawaiian Hospitality well, but I don't seem to have it in any of my old songbooks. I'll keep my eyes open for it though.

Peter