WTB: I need 9 ZumSteel Pedal Rods (standard length) ~ legs

Post here if you're looking for something special
Arlan Schierbaum

WTB: I need 9 ZumSteel Pedal Rods (standard length) ~ legs

Post by Arlan Schierbaum »

I need a set of standard length pedal rods for a D10 ZumSteel. I have talked to Bruce and he suggested to post on the forum. My pedal steel is 1 1/4" inches taller than standard and does not fit me, making standard A/B pedal with knee lever combinations difficult, or almost impossible. Pedal rods that are a little under might be okay too, and maybe I could also buy a set of used legs from someone. Prefer to buy the parts outright instead of trade, but will consider all options. Located in Los Angeles area, but shipping is okay too. A total of 9 pedal rods are needed to set up my PSG, but open to any and all offers.

Thank You very much and hope someone can help ~ (o:

~ Arlan Oscar Schierbaum
ZumSteel D101197650 (lacquer/wood necks) ~ Fender, Vox, Mesa Boogie ~ Ernie Ball, TC Electronics, Jim Dunlop
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Arlan,Being than you are in C.A.I would suggest driving to Oceanside and having Jim Palenscar make rods for your Zum @Steel Guitars of north county.http://www.steelguitars.me
Last edited by Stu Schulman on 21 Sep 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Alex Johnson

Post by Alex Johnson »

Just cut and rebend the rods you already have. Don't cut the threaded end!
Arlan Schierbaum

Rods & Jim

Post by Arlan Schierbaum »

Yes I plan to visit Jim, and he suggested cutting the rods down, but I am also looking to see if someone has a set to sell. ~ Thank You for the good suggestions ~ Arlan
ZumSteel D101197650 (lacquer/wood necks) ~ Fender, Vox, Mesa Boogie ~ Ernie Ball, TC Electronics, Jim Dunlop
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Arlan,Maybe there is a machine shop close by?I don't have those kind of skills but I can find places that can do what I need.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Alex Johnson wrote:Just cut and rebend the rods you already have. Don't cut the threaded end!
I would do the opposite. It's much easier to shorten and re-threead the pedal end of the rod, than to re-bend ithe hooked end with precision.
mike nolan

Post by mike nolan »

Yes, cut off the threaded end and re thread.... the bend on the Zum rod is a bit tricky to get right.