The "Coolest" Cover in Town

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ricky Davis

The "Coolest" Cover in Town

Post by Ricky Davis »

Ok just got my "Stay Cool" cover from Jeff Surratt at Marrs Music and just got home from a afternoon gig outside and OH MY; LDG actually stayed constant cool temperature in The Sun by golly.
What a great Great cover to have to keep your Steel from the constant temperature changes; and heck, I live in Texas and temperature changes every hour here..ha..

Thank you Jeff and Thank you "Stay Cool Covers" for saving my Sho-bud LDG> Oh and I belive Lloyd Green covers his LDG with the same type Cover....go figure...ha.

------------------
Ricky Davis
Rebel™ and Ricky's Audio Clips
www.mightyfinemusic.com
Email Ricky: sshawaiian@austin.rr.com

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 01 June 2005 at 02:34 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby Lee
Site Admin

Post by Bobby Lee »

Very cool. Well, except for the ad on the front of it. Image

I think I gotta get me one of these.
Tony Rankin

Post by Tony Rankin »

I'm playing an outdoor gig on Saturday. You can bet I'll be using mine on my Zum. As always, Ricky is right on!
www.daytonambassadorsquartet.com
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

As I metioned on Ricky's cross-post in Announcements, I've had one for 2 years. Franklin Guitar Co has been selling them for at least 4 years and the was originally the exclusive seller of these covers.
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

I have two. I got mine the first year Mrs. Franklin had them in St. Louis and I bought the other the following year from her. Lloyd uses a green vinyl cover with his name on it.
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

Jack and Mike are both correct. Franklin was the first to help our good friend Wesley Pryor get his product out. Lloyd does have a green cover provided by by none other than Red Kilby, with his name on it. However, the Stay Cool was provided as an aid to hot and cold temperatures in the studio. Tommy White has two and Mike Johnson also uses one now. Just wanted to make them available since the weather was getting hot and many of us play outside this time of year. Our apologies for an unauthorized post. Mike, hope to see you again at the club meetings. Sincerely, Jeff
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

Jeff, this isn't an unauthorized ad. These things do work and are great to have. I just got mine a few years ago from Mrs. Franklin at the convention. I hope you sell the daylights out of them. Lamar's cover looks good with his name on it. I knew Red had given it to him but I thought he would jump in here on that post. I plan to be at the next super jam. Hope to see you and Duane then.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Lacking one of these, you might just try a white towel or pillowcase laid over the steel if you're stuck playing in the sun.