Instrument Work

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Tony Rincon

Instrument Work

Post by Tony Rincon »

It's been a while since I've posted on here as I've been building for Collings Guitars for the past 6 years. I did a lot of work with the late great James Morehead and his lovely wife Tree.

I'm currently looking for projects as simple as setups to as difficult as a full strip/refinish/burst/rebuild, etc.

I have plenty of references and past customers that can provide testimonials if you'd like...I also have some pics of past projects as well that I can dig up upon request.

I am located in Austin, TX.

Thanks in advance and I hope we can get some work done! Smile
James Kerr

Post by James Kerr »

I have read recent posts of players looking for a Guitar man. do a search or back reading to find them.

James.
Tony Rincon

Post by Tony Rincon »

James Kerr wrote:I have read recent posts of players looking for a Guitar man. do a search or back reading to find them.

James.
Thanks James! Much appreciated!
Patrick Ickes

Post by Patrick Ickes »

There's a boatload of dirty laundry on this site about the Mooreheads. You may want to do a search on them before using them as a reference.
Collings guitars are awesome.
Patrick
Tony Rincon

Post by Tony Rincon »

Patrick Ickes wrote:There's a boatload of dirty laundry on this site about the Mooreheads. You may want to do a search on them before using them as a reference.
Collings guitars are awesome.
Patrick
Whatever issue(s) anybody has with anyone else is not my fight to fight nor is it my concern.

That being said, I am proud of and stand behind the repair work, re-finish work, and builds I did for James at the time that we were associated.
Patrick Ickes

Post by Patrick Ickes »

You should be proud. The work that I saw from James' restorations and mods were top notch. Collings are some of the best guitars I've ever played. Fit, finish, tone, and playability are outstanding. I never saw their Mandolins, but heard they are also very good.
Patrick