mud Stand

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Stan Scantling

mud Stand

Post by Stan Scantling »

Received my new Mud Stand ! Light weight sets up in seconds . Handles amps 20 in tall and up to 70 lbs , check out their Webb site . It is a cool design.
Emmons D10 ,fender twin
Jason King

Post by Jason King »

Jacob just got one also, and its just what we were looking for. Its light, quick and works great. I think this is a very innovative concept. Well done to the folks at Mudstand.
DG Whitley

Post by DG Whitley »

Bob Lawrence

Post by Bob Lawrence »

Interesting idea. :)
Franklin D10, Telonics (E9)True Tone(C6) pickups, Fender Steel King , Evans (FET 500LV), Nashville 400, Quilter MicroBlock 45 amp's, Telonics FP100 volume pedal, PodXT(effects only), Boss RV3(delay & reverb),Steel Guitar Black Box,Bill Lawrence cables, Walker Seat,Peterson Flip Tuner, IVL Steel Rider, IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO for recording.
Bobby Bonds Sr.

Amp stand

Post by Bobby Bonds Sr. »

Looks interesting. I've been using the Enhancer stand.
It one piece and solid as a rock. Takes the sound from an open back amp, and pushes it out the front.
Kermit Monk

Post by Kermit Monk »

The Sound Enhancer was a very unique design. Even though the company went under, they are still used on the Grand Ole Opry.

The Mud Stand will give you some of what the Sound Enhancer did. We tilt the amp at the optimum angle to sound great to the steel player and the crowd. With this tilt angle, we also stop blasting the drummer with the sound coming from the rear of your amp. Some of that sound is now reflected off the floor and comes out the front of the Mud Stand via the port under the cross piece. The rest of the sound, reflected from the floor, goes up and creates some ambience behind the amp, but not beaming at the drummer.

The Mud Stand is also super light weight. Only 3lbs.

mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Does it fold up? If not, looks pretty gangly to transport for gigs. Does it really improve the sound noticeably?
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Jason King

Post by Jason King »

John it is held together with built in magnets. It goes together very quick and comes apart in seconds also. I think it will help sound to varying degrees depending on the stage material and construction. The big thing I like is its very light and cant bang around on stuff in the back of the car. Its a little more bulky than other stands, but you can put it on top of other gear and not hurt either piece.
Kermit Monk

Post by Kermit Monk »

John...The Mud Stand is made up of three pieces that pull apart in seconds and then lock together, in a block, for easy transport. See picture. The pieces almost jump together due to the internal, magnetic locking system. The stand weighs only three lbs. Most of our customers load all their gear....then just throw the Mud Stand on top of the pile. Since it is made of foam, it will not scratch up your steel case, amp or your car's interior.

The similiarities to the old Sound Enhancer..i.e....pulling a little bit of the sound from the back and reflecting it out front....does not make a huge difference...only minor.

What does make a huge difference is when you play one of those rooms with a hollow wood stage that makes the bass amp sound boomy, the kick drum sound boomy and your steel sound muddy and lost in the mix. The Mud Stand will isolate your amp from the hollow stage and your tone will be perfectly clear again.

If you are playing a dense stage or on concrete, you will not notice any difference, but when you get stuck in one of those horrible sounding rooms, you will love your Mud Stand! No more dialing back on bass or boosting mids to get rid of the mud and boomyness. The Mud Stand just gives you much more consistency gig to gig and stage to stage.

Kermit

mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

I think that I may need one of these.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Rick Eaves

Post by Rick Eaves »

Just bought me a set of mudstands a couple weeks ago. They work great.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Got it yesterday. I like it!

Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Nice pics! The green amp looks awesome on the stand.

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Mud%20Stand/Mud%20Stand.html

Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Santa (well, actually my son, Logan) gave me a Mud Stand for Christmas. Here are some rather poor photos of it holding my large old Evans FET-500LV. My Fender Steel King fits, too. I did have to remove the two rear casters, though. A Cube 80XL amp fits perfectly, also.

What a great and innovative product.

Lee, from South Texas - Down On The Rio Grande

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I plan on getting one soon. A friend showed me his Mud Stand. They're nice. Good product Kermit.

Tony
Steve Leonard

Post by Steve Leonard »

I love my Mud Stands. I don't go to a gig without one. :)
Kermit Monk

Post by Kermit Monk »

Thanks to everyone who has ordered a Mud Stand and thanks for all the kind comments! We have shipped them to steel players all over the country and made a lot of donations to the forum. I’m glad they are doing what they were designed to do.

We are working on a second model for 2018. This new, bigger, Mud Stand will be for bass amps and large guitar/ steel guitar amps. We will also continue to sell the standard size Mud Stand that everyone loves. I’ll post on the forum when the bigger stands are on the website and ready to ship.

We (or you guys) have posted pictures of most of the popular steel amps on a Mud Stand, but I don’t think anyone has posted the Ken Fox Amp that I know some of you are using. The standard Mud Stand works great with that amp as well.

Thanks again,
Kermit

Image[/img]
mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

Would a Fender Super Reverb be too big for a Mud Stand?
Kermit Monk

Post by Kermit Monk »

Bob,

The Super Reverb is just a little too much amp for the standard Mud Stand. Supers are heavier than the Ken Fox Amp (a lot heavier if loaded with four ceramic magnet speakers).

We have built custom Mud Stands for the Super Reverb in the past. Only takes a few days lead time. Just PM me for details if you are interested.

Thanks,

Kermit
mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
Jerry Berger

Mud Stand

Post by Jerry Berger »

I bought one for my Milkman Half and Half.

Last edited by Jerry Berger on 24 Jan 2018 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Nice stand. Do they come in different colors? I like the black but just curious.
Kermit Monk

Post by Kermit Monk »

Billy,

The Mud Stand is only available in black. Just out of curiosity, what color were you wanting?

Kermit

mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
Kermit Monk

Post by Kermit Monk »

Milkman on a Mud Stand. Some pictures a customer sent us. Nice rig! We love to see our stands loaded up with your favorite amps. Keep the pictures coming and thanks for using the Mud Stand!

mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
Donn Lewis

Post by Donn Lewis »

I know that rig! (It's mine)
Mullen Discovery 3x4
Milkman half and half 12" combo
Goodrich 120, Steeler's choice seat, Mud Stand, BJ's bar, Peterson Strobostomp HD
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

To the top for the newbies.

https://www.mudstand.com/

I'm still lovin' mine.