Bob Dylan's Knockin on Heavens Door-The True Original

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Gary Hoetker

Bob Dylan's Knockin on Heavens Door-The True Original

Post by Gary Hoetker »

There are various postings on you tube of this song that claim it is the original. The problem is they're not even close even the one used in the Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid Movie Soundtrack. That's Dylan though..no song of his is alike. If someone has the true original, i'd very much appreciate it if you could post it on the Forum or attach it to an e-mail to glhoetker@yahoo.com Thank you.
Dale Lee

Me too.

Post by Dale Lee »

I have been looking for that for a long time. That was a very moving scene in the movie (in the theater at least). I have found the movie on TV but they cut the scene very severely. I hope someone finds it.
Bryan Staddon

Movie Soundtrack?

Post by Bryan Staddon »

I have the Movie soundtrack on vinyl, I always thought that was the original.. is there a version before that? Love to find out what it is.
You are me as I am you
Dale Lee

Links

Post by Dale Lee »

Here is a link to the movie scene. The scene and song have been cut to one verse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjR7_U2u3sM

Here's a recording with no movie action. Two verses. It says it is from the movie soundtrack. But from back then, watching it in the dark, it seemed much longer; but my senses may have been altered at the time.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkzwPrpME6g
Gary Hoetker

Post by Gary Hoetker »

Thanks for replying Forumites. The song in the Soundtrack is not the one. THE one was on YouTube years ago but was removed. Maybe there are some copyright concerns with that rendition. I'm going to keep looking. Again, thanks.