Best low C string for crisp tone on C6th PSG???????

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brad Higgins

Re: String

Post by Brad Higgins »

Ray Thomas wrote:Brad, I'm all E9th so no experience with the 070 plus I have not seen any comments on the 070 as compared to others. I will be glad to send you an 070, tune it up and run it thru the mill, I only have a nickle now but can have a stainless in a couple days or so.
Ray, I went to the Live Steel Strings site, and it looks like all of their C6 and universal sets have a .068" on the bottom, so it must be the best sounding. In a couple of weeks I'll order about a dozen .068"s from you, I'd order some sets, but I probably have enough steel string sets to last me the rest of my life. Thanks again, and I'll send you a PM soon to order.
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Brad, did you try D'Addario or Frenchy's strings ? I'm interested in your experience.
Bob
Brad Higgins

Post by Brad Higgins »

Bob Hoffnar wrote:Brad, did you try D'Addario or Frenchy's strings ? I'm interested in your experience.
Yeah Bob, I almost always use D'Addario for both steel and guitar, never tried Frenchy's strings though.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

If the pickup is to close to the strings it will produce a muddier signal. That big string has a lot more mass and greater range of movement within the pickup's magnetic field than the high ones.

Have you tried simply lowering the pickup on the bass end, or the lowering the pole pieces if adjustable?
Brad Higgins

Post by Brad Higgins »

As I said before, the .068" Live Steel String COMPLETELY SOLVED MY PROBLEM! Thank you all for your suggestions, but PLEASE NO MORE SUGGESTIONS, THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Last edited by Brad Higgins on 13 Jun 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Brad Higgins wrote:...PLEASE NO MORE SUGGESTIONS...!
wow, ummm, ok... :roll: