Show us your Rickenbacker consoles

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Larry Lenhart

Show us your Rickenbacker consoles

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Here is one I used to own...wish I hadnt sold it :(

Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Paul Seager

Post by Paul Seager »

Here is mine and I adore it. I would love a T8 but yours is the first I've seen. I am told it is a 1956 DW 16 - no idea how accurate that information is.

\ paul
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

Here's my long scale model 708. It's belonged to a couple of other forum members in the past but it's mine now! Great guitar.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Paul, I like the look of that DW-16. I read the Rickenbacker modeled that guitar after the Fender Stringmaster, which was very popular at the time. It looks even more stylish than a Stringmaster IMO. 8)
Robert Mac Neilage

Post by Robert Mac Neilage »

This is my guitar estimated age is early 50's according to forum members, in my January post " how old is this Rickenbacker " it sounds as good as it looks, and I have it on good " authority " it's my last! :roll:
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Erv
You amaze me...I think you own one of everything !
Wonderful collection !
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Those 1950s Rick D-16s are beautiful! That guitar has just zoomed to the top of my wish list. 8)
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Doug Beaumier wrote:Those 1950s Rick D-16s are beautiful! That guitar has just zoomed to the top of my wish list. 8)
I have to agree with Doug on that ! I acted too slow on one that I saw on the forum a short time ago.
Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 1 Apr 2017 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Larry,
I also have a Jerry Byrd model single neck console model Rick:

Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

That's a nice one, Erv... an 8-string. The JB Model came in 6, 8, or 10 strings. I would opt for 8 if I had a choice.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Thanks Doug,
It is in pristine condition, including the upholstery on the front. :D
C. E. Jackson

Post by C. E. Jackson »

Beautiful steels all. I don't have a console, but several Rick lap steels.
Guy Cundell

Post by Guy Cundell »

I prefer the meatiness of these pickups to my Stringmaster's.

Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

Agree that the Rick D-16s are beautiful and sound great.
Steel Guitar Books! Website: www.volkmediabooks.com
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Erv
I really think you need to hire me as your full time guardian of your steel guitar collection ! I wouldnt charge you much,,,,just the priveledge of playing each of them when I want to. I dont eat that much, I am potty trained, sleep on the floor, clean up my own messes...I like to shovel snow,,,what more could you ask for ?? :)
Rich Gardner

Ric Console

Post by Rich Gardner »

Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Larry,
The problem is, I don't have room to set them all up at the same time. :D
Paul Seager

Post by Paul Seager »

Doug Beaumier wrote:Paul, I like the look of that DW-16. I read the Rickenbacker modeled that guitar after the Fender Stringmaster, which was very popular at the time. It looks even more stylish than a Stringmaster IMO. 8)
I had the opportunity to play a Stringmaster D8 quite recently - imagine, two steel players turn up for a Western Swing session - in Munich!!! Anyway the Stringmaster had a very warm tone and I was much impressed but playabilty was about the same, so you could be right Doug.

I don't know much about the instrument itself. I've heard a complaint that as the controls are in the middle, they get in the way of certain moves but as this is the one and only D8 I own, I guess I have adapted.

As I develop on the instrument, I find more uses for the second neck ... to the point that I am thinking it's time for an upgrade to a T8 or even Q8 and even considering such instruments rarely appear for sale in Europe, I think I'd prefer another Ricky!

\ paul
Mikiya Matsuda

Post by Mikiya Matsuda »

I picked up this Console 758 a couple weeks ago. 25" scale. Todd Clinesmith zapped the horseshoes and now the guitar sounds glorious.

Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

This is getting kind of off topic, but did you know that Rickenbacker made pedal steels?

Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Mikiya
That is beautiful !!! Wow i am blown away with these ricks...i Have
to have one :)
Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »