Converting old sho-bud

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Charley Erck

Converting old sho-bud

Post by Charley Erck »

We have finished restoration work on this old pedal, converting it to a console, double ten.
The earlier photos show that it was pretty much a write-off, missing all pedal parts.
I believe, a late 50's guitar, it has a great tone with the old pickups and the changing to solid saddle and nuts. I am unsure if this will offend the pedal boys, but it is a great player
now.
David M Brown

Re: Converting old sho-bud

Post by David M Brown »

Charley Erck wrote:We have finished restoration work on this old pedal, converting it to a console, double ten.
The earlier photos show that it was pretty much a write-off, missing all pedal parts.
I believe, a late 50's guitar, it has a great tone with the old pickups and the changing to solid saddle and nuts. I am unsure if this will offend the pedal boys, but it is a great player
now.
I think that's a great idea, particularly for those folks that play 10 string tunings.

I bet there are a fair number of old pedal steels that could be de-constructed.
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

cool....
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Seems like a great idea to me, especially since it wasnt a functional pedal steel before you set to work on it. I bet it does sound good, and having 10 strings would be a big plus for it also. Nice work !! I would think that would inspire people to do the same to an old pedal steel they have that would cost a small fortune to revive as a pedal steel.
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp