Canopus Lap Steel?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

George Keoki Lake

Post by George Keoki Lake »

David..."Canagian" ? I think you meant Canadian. Yes there are makers of pedal guitars all across the country, mostly back yard garage makers. There are a few who are in the biz in the Toronto and Winnipeg area which I am sure Ian McLatchie can fill you in further.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Howard,,,me with "much yens"?? I dont think so. I want to see how much after all these years has anyone come up with a steel guitar
non pedals,,,,being close to what Leo Fender did many years ago.

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 22 September 2003 at 09:15 PM.]</p></FONT>
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Err, Puff Jody, 7 1/8"?.....that's your headsize, right?

Well, try the Canopus and then you can really give us your opinion as to how they both compare. I wish that I had the playing out experience to provide a knowledgeable and unbiased comparison, but I don't so I will leave that to the more experienced.

I'll be working on your crown, sir, so until then, chill.....
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

I always welcome reviving a thread. This is
an interesting topic and thanks to Howard for
his input.

It always gives people a chance to read what was posted and make corrections, and or opinions.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 22 September 2003 at 08:47 PM.]</p></FONT>
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Yo, Ladies and Gentlemen....
Jody Bada-bing and his Big Fender
Image <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by HowardR on 25 September 2001 at 06:19 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

I have had the opportunity to try a Canopus guitar and the quality is 100%..however my taste for overall sound is the Fender.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 22 September 2003 at 08:35 PM.]</p></FONT>