cobalt picks

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Harold Williamson

cobalt picks

Post by Harold Williamson »

Recieved a call From Bob Perry of colbalt picks this morning. Found out that he was born and raised about 20 miles from me here in W.Va. He appoliguised for the problems that his site caused, and stated that he had to replace his computer to get rid of the problem. He said that his web designer said the problem was caused by him opening a pop up. He said that any thing extra that comes up on his site to x off. I went to his site this morning and the only thing that came up extra was a yahoo advertisement which i "X" ed off and had no problems. He said that the problem had cost him money and business, and that the problem with his site was not done on purpose or to cause anyone a problem.
I'm looking to order a set of his picks. I have been to several internet sites that sell and endorse his picks. How many of us have opened that dreaded pop up and wish to high heavens that we hadn't.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Incorporating "pop-up" ads to defray the cost of your web site is a poor methodology when the purpose of your web site is to generate business. There's many sites, both large and small, that I simply refuse to visit anymore because they use these annoying "pop-up" intrusion schemes. It's called being penny-wise and dollar foolish.

I'm very selective about what I click on these days. I get enough "commercial hawking" everywhere else without having to deal with it online.