Yet Another Marrtian Beauty!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Eric West

Yet Another Marrtian Beauty!

Post by Eric West »

Jeff has done it again.

Shipped yesterday to Brandon Housewright of Statesboro GA. One happy picker, for sure.

I'll let Jeff explain it in more detail if he wishes.

I've got a good months review coming up myself this weekend.

Too much work, and not enough me.

I still don't know how Jeff and Duane do it all..

EJL

Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

I can only equate these guitars to dragsters coming out of a custom speed shop. What Duane Marrs and Jeff Surratt do to these Sho-Buds brings them into the new century.
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

Thanks Eric, Your new Sho-Bud gave Brandon this idea when he had me search for this Pro I. It was a very dark brown when I got it. AJ wasn't satisfied with the first finish, so he did it twice. That tells you what kind of work he does. The white fretboard came from Bobbe Seymour and AJ did the cardsuit at no extra charge. The pickup is a TrueTone Sho-Bud rewind that sounds great. Brandon said if ti's good enough for Ricky Davis,then it's good enough for me.

Brandon wanted teardrop knee's and the Seymour Z lever. With a little welding of some brackets we were able to accomodate that request, too. We do all types of modifications without the complete Marrs overhaul, so if anyone needs limited additions or repairs we can help. This guitar does have our stabilizer bar, coss-shafts,pullers and fingers etc.

Lloyd Green graciously came over played and signed this one for Brandon after just finishing the latest Steve Wariner album. Which is really COUNTRY. Can't wait to hear it.

This guitar has a rich Sho-Bud history already. I left the original factory inspection sticker inside with none other than D.Marrs on it. So, I sprayed laquer over it to preserve it. They are all coming back to him after all these years.
Thanks again, Jeff
Rick McDuffie

Post by Rick McDuffie »

Cool axe, Jeff.

That guitar has "Old Nashville" written all over it.
Brandon Housewright

Post by Brandon Housewright »

Boys, words can't describe how much I love this guitar. Since I started playing 3 yrs ago, I've wanted one of these and Jeff and the guys went out of their way to make my vision come to life. I can't thank them enough for all their help. They constantly kept me updated on the guitar through the process with phone calls and pictures. I HIGHLY recommend them for anyone who wants personalized service from an A-1 outfit. Hats off!
LARRY COLE

Post by LARRY COLE »

Eric, are they twins? They look just like my Pro-1 only it is walnut with a black fret board.

------------------
Playing For JESUS,LC. WILLIAMS U12,SHO-BUD PRO1,CARVIN TL60,GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM,YAMAHA L-10A ACOUSTIC,ROLAND JW-50 KEYBOARD,G&L AND BC RICH BASS'S