Fessenden SD-12

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Paul Brainard

Fessenden SD-12

Post by Paul Brainard »

I'm helping a buddy out with this here in Portland. It was a Universal at one time. He got ahold of it with a bunch of parts missing & some modifications. I put it back to working order as an Extended E9, although with some additional parts it could become a Uni again. He wants to get $1800 for it, although he will likely be open to offers if that seems too high.

It's mostly in good shape, other than a couple things: there are some holes along the bottom edges of the cabinet where metal rails had been attached, and the pad has some perforations like maybe from a cat. I just put in a whole new set of tuning nuts (standard wrench will work with them.)

It currently has 4 pedals, and a 5th unused cross-shaft.5 knees. The setup is pretty much standard Emmons, although I currently have strings 1 & 2 raised on the 4th pedal. RKL drops 6 to F# and raises 1 to G. B pedal raises all 3 G#'s. No D string (RKR raises 9 from B-D), Low B on 12.

Plays well, has surprisingly little "cabinet" drop. Current pickup is a Greorge L 12-1. I also have a Lawrence 910 and a Truetone I could put it or include.

Case is in great shape, gray ozite.

Robert Lashier

Fessy 12

Post by Robert Lashier »

PM and email sent
Thanks, Bob
Paul Brainard

Post by Paul Brainard »

Cabinet drop/deflection/whatever it should be called measures out between 7 & 8 cents on this, not bad for a 12-string.

I was mistaken about the Truetone, I have another 12-1 and the 910 Sidewinder for it if desired.
Nathan Boyer

Fesseden

Post by Nathan Boyer »

Hi Paul,

Did you sell this steel yet? I am here in Portland. Would love to come check it out.

Thanks,
Nathan
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

PM sent...
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

???
Paul Brainard

Post by Paul Brainard »

Hey all, sorry - been super-busy, haven't been checking here much lately. This steel is still available. The owner has said he wants to try to hold out for $1800, which is his prerogative. Nathan, email or PM me & let me know when you want to check it out. Thanks!
Rob Clot

Post by Rob Clot »

Paul,
I will be in the area this week. Is that guitar still available?
Robert