Marlen S 12 Universal SOLD Thanks!

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
K Maul

Marlen S 12 Universal SOLD Thanks!

Post by K Maul »

Selling items for my late friend's wife. This is an all pull made in 90s I believe.Es on rt knee. Left has a LKL and LKV. Includes a kit for the other left knee.
Nice custom factory paint job. A few dings from gigs,etc but generally in fine shape. Case is decent.
$1800 including shipping.PayPal preferred.

Last edited by K Maul on 5 Feb 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Aye carumba.. what a COOL looking steel!.. that is certainly a custom one off that Leonard built for someone on special order.. His lacquer guitars are great looking, and IMHO are undervalued. This one is a great looker, is all pull, and has a totally unique finish.. Bet there is not another one like it anywhere.. That is a VERY nice guitar!... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Andrew Waegel

Post by Andrew Waegel »

What flavor of George L pickup is that in there?

Also, I assume that 'all pull' here means it's not the pull-release thing that I've heard some old Marlens have - is that right?
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

Yes it is not pull-release but all pull like most modern steels. It plays very well. It was not mine so I only have limited details.
I dont know about the pickup.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Mel Bergman

Post by Mel Bergman »

Cool guitar! Is that a flying monkey on the front? It's hard to make out. Whatever it is, that steel is genius!
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I'd be willing to wager that it sounds like a million bucks too!
Thiel Hatt

Post by Thiel Hatt »

If I am not mistaken, this is the guitar that was built for Jeff Newman. Leonard built some fine guitars. I got to play his personal guitar at one of his church programs. We both play the Day copedent. His all pull guitars were as good as the best. Besides that he was a great guy.
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

I will put more pictures up after this weekend.
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

I was thinking that this looked very much like Jeff's old Marlen that he played for several years !
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

It looks like Jeff's setup.
Damn, that's purty.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Dave Fredette

Interested in guitar

Post by Dave Fredette »

Hi Mr Maul,
I'm interested in the pedal steel guitar and want to arrange to come look at it. I live in New Bedford MA and would plan to come visit you with cash in hand. Please advise on how we can arrange this. DJF
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

Please pm me. Im away until Sunday. We could do it then.