Steelin the blues

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Lee Gillespie

Steelin the blues

Post by Lee Gillespie »

Anyone have the tab for Steelin the Blues as played by Jerry on the "Hi Fi Jerry Byrd album?>???....Thanks Lee
Robert Mac Neilage

Steeling the blues tab

Post by Robert Mac Neilage »

Hi Lee
I am a newbie to this forum and this is my first try, I have the tablature to this in C6 by the man himself, so if you send me a pm with your email address I'll send you a copy.
Regards
Robert :D
Lee Gillespie

Steeling the Blues

Post by Lee Gillespie »

Thank you Robert for your comeback. I would highly appreciate the tab. Lee Gillespie.... leegill4@outlook.com
and I wish you and yours a very joyous holiday season.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Lee,
What tuning are you looking for? I have it for E9th.
Lee Gillespie

steelin the blues

Post by Lee Gillespie »

C6th tuning.....I have the album HI FI Jerry byrd..and of course the Master used the C6 tuning...Thank you ERV Lee
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

That's probably the version from Jerry's method book, different from the (masterpiece) LP.
If you take the time, you can figure it out yourself. Tab is a crutch that you really don't need.
Zeke Cory

Tab is also a tool

Post by Zeke Cory »

Tab can be used as a shortcut to simply learn to play a song or a certain lick. Tab offers much more than that alone. The steel is a complex multi-level instrument featuring several ways and places to play nearly identical phrases and licks. Tab can show these various positions and ideas that may help expand the players knowledge of the neck by showing these new or different pedal/knee/string combinations that may have otherwise gone un-noticed. If a position or combination in any particular song tab is valid for a certain chord in that song, it is obviously valid in the same chord in any other song. Hence, opening up more options, positions, and possibilities for the player. Those who view tab only as a "crutch" are missing out on the multiple values of a very important learning tool, one that can even speed up the learning process considerably.
James Taylor

Tabs

Post by James Taylor »

Zeke, I agree totally and I found Erv's clear tabs an excellent learning device, stretching a beginner's ability on to a far better grounding of this wonderful instrument.

He is one of the great people I have come across on this excellent forum who have helped me understand this guitar by his tabs. Doug and his Encore is another; tremendous patience and great service too.

JAMES TAYLOR--- back woods of Scotland
Brian Straub

Steelin

Post by Brian Straub »

Herb Steiner has a great instruction in his E9 by request tab course. Check it out.
Justice D-10, Evans Amp, Sarno V-8, Gibson Lap Steel BR-9, Telonics Pedal.