2 pedal steels,7 guitars, 3 amps, Bud pac seat, etc, $3000

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Carlucci

2 pedal steels,7 guitars, 3 amps, Bud pac seat, etc, $3000

Post by Bob Carlucci »

MSA S10.. Green lacquer, 5+4.. Finish fading, scratches, some chips, mechanically PERFECT, and undercarriage is clean as a whistle.. NO wear at all in the mechanism..
Marlen S10.. Pull release, Natural, 4+4.. Plays soft and sweet, and sounds beautiful.. Looks kind of "Bud like"..No issues at all..

Some pedal steel parts.. Misc stuff mostly, whatever I have left goes....

Parts include 2 full pedal set ups for MSA.. all MSA parts are brand new in packages, and just need cross shafts, and pedal rods.... All other pull parts including pedals, bellcranks, pull tabs, nylon parts etc,,,

Guitars-

90'sGibson Les Paul Double Cutaway w P90's.. faded Cherry.. beautiful.. Lightly played, exc cond.

90's Washburn USA Laredo tele w Duncans/Sperzals/Wilkensen/ P 90 in Bridge,Ash body, maple board.. Well played, plays beautifully..

Home made Pine barnwood body tele w Alnico mini Humbuckers in both positions.. Plays great, sounds KILLER

Franken strat.. Refinished Fender MIJ strat body, Fender USA hardware, USA Fender Custom Shop pickups.. Looks cools, plays and
sounds great..

Yamaha FG 340 acoustic,, Lovely sounding, plays and looks great

cheap old Sam Ash Carlo Robelli Acoustic electric cutaway acoustic,, Crappy guitar, but plays VERY well, action is nice and low, and everything works.. Used it in church regularly. Got very nice comments on how good it sounded through the system.

Jay Turser solid body electric 12 string.. beautifully set up.. ULTRA soft and precise player, sounds beautiful and looks very cool.. Not any 12 string anywhere that plays like this one..

AMPS-

Roland 80XL amp.. Excellent cond. Great sounding, very versatile and powerful little unit!

Carvin "Vintage Tube series" all tube Nomad amp.. Tweed- exc shape.. ultra loud , plenty of all tube power for pedal steel.. Clean and powerful with a great distortion channel as well-
Amp has a 12 inch Jensen NEO speaker, and the amp is ultra light, as light as the Roland is believe it or not..

Old early 70's Peavey 200 watt SS Chrome knob guitar head with ugly old 15 inch cab w 15 inch Weber california speaker.. Amazingly sweet sounding old amp, so much nicer tone than later Peavey SS amps.. Warm and loud with great reverb... Really ugly, but just wonderful sounding... Used it for years at gigs..

MISC-

Old Sho Bud pac seat.. looks its age, well used, but 100% functional..
Tons of other stuff as well.. Unused Amp stand, several battered guitar stands, mike stands, music stands, DBX 1/2 rack compressor, Holy Grail reverb, several electronic tuners, hundreds of strings, couple C6 and E9 sets, acoustic and electric sets in various gauges, tons and tons of spares, couple of volume pedals, several bars, picks... Everything musical goes.. Package deal only.. Just too much hassle to ship this stuff separately..
Just the 2 steels are worth probably $26-2700...
Great package deal at 3 K firm... Come haul it all away, I am done playing... bob
Last edited by Bob Carlucci on 22 Jan 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

Dang Bob..hope all's well! I've enjoyed your posts over the years, and there's not many of us 'Es on the right' guys out there! :) Wish I was closer!
Mark McCay-Moran

Post by Mark McCay-Moran »

Sent you an email, thanks Mark
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Very Sorry to read this Bob. Hope all is well with you other than getting old. It really SUCKS getting old. If I may I would suggest you keep one steel, amp, seat,pedal, bar & picks and cords. The day will come you will say wish I could set down and dingle a little.
For us old timers it is THERAPY. You will go bonkers with out that outlet. Whatever you do don't give up the forum. We all here feel like we know you like the next door neighbor. Take Care my friend, J.R.
Black Performance SD-10, 2002. Peavey LTD 400 with 15" Eminence EPS 15-C, Sho-Bud Seat, Goodrich L-120 Pedal, Sho-Bud Bar, Picks, Cords. Nothing else.
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

I am totally bummed out to hear this and wish you only the best, Bob. Thanks for all the posts over all those years. Thanks too for the sale of the ETS recently. Stevet
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

thanks my friends.. All is well, and yes I am just getting old really.. Got nasty tendonitis in mt left hand that severely impacts my 6 string playing, not my steel playing however..
Its just that I am now well into my 60's, and there is no where to play any more, and no one to play with.
Can't really see myself playing with a bunch of 21 year olds playing "modern country" until 2 am for 50 bucks.
Can't do it, and wouldn't even if I could. There is NO music scene here at all!
I was always a band guy from a very young age.. I am just not into playing instrumentals for my also rapidly aging cats in the living room.
The stuff has been sitting unused...
I can always just go buy more gear if I ever had to, but as of now, I doubt the need will ever arise.. My grandchildren take up the bulk of my time right now.. My love for music has taken a back seat at this point, and I just have no more use for all this stuff.. I have explained to others that all my really valuable and vintage stuff has been sold off over the years, and this is all the utilitarian gear that I kept because it played and sounded good, and was fine for the gigs I was doing... Now that the bar gigs and rock/country band part of my life is past, the gear has become clutter.. Time for it all to go I guess.. Just not playing enough to keep it all around.... bob

Joshua Hicks

Post by Joshua Hicks »

Pm sent!
Them sad ole sounds coming out of those speakers was solid country gold.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Sorry guys.. Not breaking this stuff up and selling individually.. Just want someone to come and take it all away in one shot... If I can't get a buyer here, I will try locally.. I do understand the distance issue... bob

Steve Gabler

Guitars

Post by Steve Gabler »

Hi Bob, I will take it if still available. Can pickup tomorrow or the next day...

Steve 330-314-8230
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

deal pending....

John Wilson

Sorry to hear you're leaving.

Post by John Wilson »

Sad news to hear,
Bob, I enjoyed your posts and wisdom over the years.

Hoping you're not leaving permanently and that you'll pop in from time to time.

Best of Luck to you.

John
Customer: "Waiter, how do you prepare your chicken?"
Waiter: "We usually tell them they're not going to make it."
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Bob, I kind of know where you are coming from. My gigs have dried up lately, and I have also decided to sell some guitars. Not everything, but I plan to cut down quite a bit. I'll keep playing and doing whatever gigs come along. Good luck in future, and enjoy those grand kids!!
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

I am 65 and am very fortunate in that I'm healthy and working as much as I care to. Acoustic,electric,new country old country,rock and blues with both old and young folks.Usually for lots more than $50. I'm in a good location I guess,but willing to travel.
Just saying it isnt all darkness out there.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Carl Mesrobian

Post by Carl Mesrobian »

K Maul wrote:I am 65 and am very fortunate in that I'm healthy and working as much as I care to. Acoustic,electric,new country old country,rock and blues with both old and young folks.Usually for lots more than $50. I'm in a good location I guess,but willing to travel.
Just saying it isnt all darkness out there.
Bob, sorry to hear the news, but Kevin has a point..
--carl

"The better it gets, the fewer of us know it." Ray Brown
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

Bob, after having ready your explanation of why you are retiring from music, I'm less bummed out. Your priorities are different now. In any case, you scan always come back to playing pedal steel at some point if you so choose.

Enjoy the wind in your face as you ride down the road in your new convertible. Stevet
Dave Fredette

Interest in Pedal Steels

Post by Dave Fredette »

Hi Bob,
Do you have any images of the pedal steel guitars? Are you willing to sell a pedal steel separately? Dave
Dave Fredette

Apologies

Post by Dave Fredette »

Hi Bob,
I just saw the post on the 22nd about not wanting to break up the package. DJF
Tom Gorr

Post by Tom Gorr »

Bob, sorry to hear. We have had some good discussions along the way.

No one to play with? The truth is there is a private musician pursuing it as a personal hobby in every third house on your street... singers with talent they don't even know they have. ... people with exquisite skill looking for an outlet to put it on display.... somehow...

Open jams in every other pub twice a week
.. looking for new talent to add some variety to their program... open jams at Legions and coffee shops... retirement complexes, etc. Church music directors lookimg for strong and committed talent.... and steel sounds awesome for gospel music.

I know there is a time we get to when we just need to step away from things. ..and move on. I have done it too... but it is mostly because seriousness of commitment outweighed a desire to just have fun.

Anyways... I sense frustration in your post. ..maybe I am mistaken... there is also a bit of relief in it too. Life does take us in different directions.

Just saying that being part of a casual broad music scene is a good way to build community around you.... and its out there to discover if you ever have the interest to pursue it again.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Tom.. Not around here... A local steel playing friend of mine who is deceased- SG forum member Todd Kapegean [RIP] once said to me about this area - "We live in a musical waste land". He was right, and that was years ago, its even worse now.. Just no one to play with and no where to play within 100 miles with a very few exceptions... I suppose i could go back to playing the few bars that have music if I really looked and was willing to travel, but I am soon to be 63, and in all honesty, I don't have the desire to play LOUD "modern country" until 2, pack up gear until 3, and then drive 70-80 miles home.. for $50-60...

We'll see what the future holds, but as of now, my grandchildren have become the focal point of my day to day.. I watch them at least 3 days a week, sometimes 4, and they are the great love of my life.. I am a very fortunate "papa" in that I get to see them so much, and I get to help guide them through a world thats getting harder to survive in all the time.. Musically I had a great run... Many years of 5-6 nights a week with great musicians, did a lot of recording with some great artists, even did some major label sessions as a younger man. They are till there as a matter of fact- on Youtube. Lot of great players never get that far. I was lucky.. Started playing out in clubs around 1976, and only stopped the past year or so.

Look, I never say never. I might be buying a steel in a month.. I'm a very impulsive guy.

Right now I am thinking more about the warm weather that is on its way inevitably, and doing a LOT of fishing, especially with my grandson who will be 4 soon, and LOVES to fish with his papa..I'll be around, you guys can't get rid of me that easily... bob

Dave Meis

Post by Dave Meis »

Good to hear! Grandkids are the best...I have 6. :) There's nothing like turning the page in a good book, and your life sounds like a good book. Best of everything to you!
Bruce Derr

Post by Bruce Derr »

Bob, I'm glad you're going to keep tuning in to the forum. I always enjoy and value your contributions, as well as the emails we've exchanged. You're a lucky man to have loved ones and the wisdom to order your priorities accordingly.

I do hope you find a rewarding musical outlet sometime down the road and rediscover your itch to play. (I wouldn't be surprised if some of your SGF friends are already starting a pool for when you're gonna jump back in.)
Al Vesel

Post by Al Vesel »

I know the feeling about getting old Bob. I'm mid 60's myself and just had carpel tunnel surgery on the right hand, with the left to be done soon. That is if I get good results from the right. So far still numb feeling. Can't play steel for longer than a half hour and hands get numb.

Stay in touch,

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Jim Reynolds

Post by Jim Reynolds »

Bob, let me bring a little into this. I am 75 so to be 76. I became a Grandfather at 35, while still in the service. I retired from the service at 37, and had one grand child at that time. I 1980 we were bless with another. In 1985 our youngest daughter, gave us another, then another, Then our second daughter bless us with one. Then we had many. I started to learn the steel in 1985. We wound up being the babysitters for all our grand children, more for some then others. The steel was put in the case for most part. In 2003 one grand child came to live with us, then a niece, then another grand daughter. Yes, we have lots of memories and lot of frustration. My wife and I now live a lone, very seldom see the grand children, unless they need money or a place to stay. WE DID not spoil them, we just had to raise them. We had raised four children of our own, but with the country the way it is. It's all about me. It was just two years ago, we were able to have our life. It has almost destroyed ours. No one raised our children, we did, our parents didn't. Not trying to be to negative, but just remember you have a life too. Memories are great, and Grand children are wonderful, but you become the parents very easy. Please don't take this wrong, I love my children, and grand children.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.
Jim Reynolds

Post by Jim Reynolds »

At the present we have nine Grand children, and 5 Great-Grand children. It maybe we'll wind up with two, not just sure yet.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Jim Reynolds wrote:Bob, let me bring a little into this. I am 75 so to be 76. I became a Grandfather at 35, while still in the service. I retired from the service at 37, and had one grand child at that time. I 1980 we were bless with another. In 1985 our youngest daughter, gave us another, then another, Then our second daughter bless us with one. Then we had many. I started to learn the steel in 1985. We wound up being the babysitters for all our grand children, more for some then others. The steel was put in the case for most part. In 2003 one grand child came to live with us, then a niece, then another grand daughter. Yes, we have lots of memories and lot of frustration. My wife and I now live a lone, very seldom see the grand children, unless they need money or a place to stay. WE DID not spoil them, we just had to raise them. We had raised four children of our own, but with the country the way it is. It's all about me. It was just two years ago, we were able to have our life. It has almost destroyed ours. No one raised our children, we did, our parents didn't. Not trying to be to negative, but just remember you have a life too. Memories are great, and Grand children are wonderful, but you become the parents very easy. Please don't take this wrong, I love my children, and grand children.
Thanks for the insight Jim, and I agree that you can "lose" your own life when you immerse others into it.
I must admit that IS a big part of whats happening. However, I and my wife are accepting that responsibility at this time due to circumstances that we can't control.. We are dedicated to providing the 2 little ones [one soon to be 4, the other just turned 6 months] a decent life,education,upbringing that might be compromised otherwise.. Thats really about as far into it as I want to get here.
We raised our kids too, as did most of us, but something has changed in the modern age, and the generation thats bearing children these days, does NOT seem to be as good at it as we and our parents, and their parents were.. Times have changed, and yes, my life has changed drastically past few years, but I feel its what I am being asked[ or told] to do.... I appreciate your post, and you relating your similar life experience..... bob