Steel Guitars of Nashville: We are still open!!!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Hempker

Steel Guitars of Nashville: We are still open!!!

Post by Bob Hempker »

So many people have told us they thought we were closed. We have been open all along, and are still open. We are in Hendersonville Tn. Just outside Nashville. Come by and see us at 123 Midtown Court, or call us at 615-822-5555. Check out our inventory at: steelguitarsofnashville.com
Last edited by Bob Hempker on 1 Feb 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Hempker
Paul Wade

store

Post by Paul Wade »

bob,
this what i get "We're sorry, this site is frozen."

p.w
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Paul, I just copy and paste and it works fine, btw I use Firefox browser...Stormy...oh and Bob, nice lookin site.
Roger Kelly

Post by Roger Kelly »

Here is a link to their web page.
http://www.steelguitarsofnashville.com/
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

For clarification, is this the continuation of Bobbe Seymour's business, Steel Guitar Nashville?
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Jim, I grabbed this from their homepage so I'm gonna guess that it is.."The Original Cobra Coil Steel Guitar Strings
In stock and ready to ship (Bobbe Seymour)Steel Guitars of Nashville has the Rights to carry this product. Contact us to be become a dealer or just place your order online."....Stormy :)
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I didn't know Bob Hempker had joined Vic.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Jeffery Self

Post by Jeffery Self »

Jim Cohen wrote:For clarification, is this the continuation of Bobbe Seymour's business, Steel Guitar Nashville?
:?: :?: :?: Inquiring minds wanna know :?: :?: :?: :roll:
If it's a penny for your thoughts!!!
Why must everyone put in their two cents worth???

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)
Jeff Harbour

Post by Jeff Harbour »

By piecing together older forum threads, I believe I can confirm that this IS Bobbe's former store... Vic Lawson (who had been running the store for Bobbe when I was last there in 2013) revived the business under a slightly different name shortly after Bobbe's passing. Then at some point recently, Vic left to take on more playing jobs and handed the store over to Bob Hempker. Last I read Tyler Hall also works there selling and servicing steels. Anybody know any other details or corrections to this information?
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

123 Midtown Court was the address for Bobbe Seymours store. I believe as several have stated this does refer to that location. I think the name did slightly change but someone earlier posted a web link and from there it should take you to their website which has a listed inventory.
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

I've got to be honest: the website doesn't invite me to shop. In the used guitar section, just 1 or 2 very small pictures of the guitars, details aren't visible. No undercarriage pictures. In the new guitar section no pictures or descriptions at all.
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Storm Rosson wrote:Jim, I grabbed this from their homepage so I'm gonna guess that it is.."The Original Cobra Coil Steel Guitar Strings
In stock and ready to ship (Bobbe Seymour)Steel Guitars of Nashville has the Rights to carry this product. Contact us to be become a dealer or just place your order online."....Stormy :)
guess I'm just illiterate but it pretty much says on the home page as I pasted above that it is (Bobbe Seymour)Steel Guitars of Nashville........ :| [/u]
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Storm, yes I saw that too. I just thought it seemed a little odd that the only place Bobbe's name was mentioned was in regard to Cobra Coil strings. It is not mentioned anywhere in the section called "Our Story" but, who knows, maybe there are some kinds of legal reasons for that, along with the very slight change of name of the company...

Anyway, it was not my intention to stir anything up. I was just curious, that's all.
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

Nothin stirrin here Jim, I thoght peeps mayn have thought that was a personal quote from me instead of a pasty from the web site.Have a Bueno dio Jimbo....Stormy :)
Richard Ingley

Post by Richard Ingley »

The store had a display at the Dallas show last year. I asked the lady there about the store and she told me that she and the gentleman were co-owners of the store. That was almost a year ago.
Steve Hinson

Still open...

Post by Steve Hinson »

They are still open and Tyler Hall is still there repairing steels...

Very helpful folks!Bob and Michelle can sell you or help you find anything you
need as far as steels,amps,or accessories!

Give'em a try...you'll be glad you did.
Bill Miller

Post by Bill Miller »

Marco said:
I've got to be honest: the website doesn't invite me to shop. In the used guitar section, just 1 or 2 very small pictures of the guitars, details aren't visible. No undercarriage pictures. In the new guitar section no pictures or descriptions at all.
I've noticed the same things. Lack of good photos and descriptions. That, along with the prices being asked for used gear in particular, give me the impression that they have very little interest in attracting online business.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Yes, we are in Bobbe's old location.
Bob Hempker
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

We are working on the website. We will have a new, revamped website up and running soon.
Bob Hempker
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I've been very pleased with the service I've had there, first from Vic and, more recently, from Bob and Tyler.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

It is not a continuation of Bobbe's store. Same address, some of the same people and some additions. That's the way I understood it when I was there last.
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Stuart Legg

Post by Stuart Legg »

It's their business and evidently none of ours.
However in business it's always best to present history otherwise there is nothing but speculation and mystery and that makes everyone more than a little nervous.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

We worked for Bobbe when he was the owner. I was a friend of Bobbe's since 1969. We all miss him, and we loved him. I don't know what else to say. We are trying to keep this things going. We handle almost all of the same products he had, including the Cobra Coil brand strings. We have our own brand of steel guitar seats. Tyler is an excellent guitar tech, as well as a fine player. We have a good selection of new and used instruments, amps, and other gear. We appreciate any business, and try to service our customers the way we would want to be treated. We are working on a new website, as we are aware of the flaws in the current one. Call us or drop by. Our phone number is: 615-822-5555, the same as Bobbe's number. Our website is: steelguitarsofnashville.com. Our email is: nashvillesteelguitar@gmail.com. Call us, email us, or stop by and visit with us. I don't know how the rumor started and got around that we had closed, but we are NOT closed and are still open. Our hours are Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.
Bob Hempker
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Good deal Bob. You have a nice inventory of accessories there. Some interesting items and a good selection. Wishing you all well and lots of business.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Thanks, Jerry!
Bob Hempker